FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Pier C&C

Enkuero
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pier C&C

hi guys here my first long exposure after buying my big stopper, im still learning pp images, C&C are more than welcome, thanks

© Enkuero 2014

Oct 11, 2014 at 03:04 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pier C&C

Congrats on the new purchase.

While you got a chance to smooth all the water out here, this really isn't doing anything for me in terms of a landscape photo. All I really see is a long pier or dock and then a string of rocks with a lot of white water.

I would suggest finding a stream or a creek to shoot some cascades. Don't forget to use a polarizer. It's a bit hard with the big stopper, but it can be used and will help.

For me, the reason to have a 10 stop ND is to be able to shoot landscape scenes where then you can get the clouds streaking across the sky. Or to cut the light during the day so as to be able to shoot waterfalls or cascades and still get the milky/stringy look which you couldn't. At least thats the basic reasons I can think of. I don't use my 10 stop very often, unless it's those 2 conditions I mentioned.

Jim

Oct 11, 2014 at 03:17 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.