Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Does canvas' intrinsic low resolution allow for larger prints?

kabraxcis
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Does canvas' intrinsic low resolution allow for larger prints?

So I rarely print my work, mostly because I'm an amateur and don't get paid to do this.

However, I recently ordered a canvas print of my 6d at 24*36, and it looks fine to me, but I did read on the ordering webpage that due to the characteristics of the canvas, printing above 150ppi does not give discernable advantages. I did send in mine as a 300ppi, but this got me thinking.

When printing on canvas, does the limiting resolution of the canvas allow you to print super large even with a camera like a 6d?

Assuming that you can reasonably print up to 40*60 (paper) with a D800, and up to 32*48 with a 6d, would you see a significant difference if you printed the D800 at 48*72 and 6d at 48*72?

Would you feel comfortable printing a 6d image at 48*72 for canvas but only comfortable up to 32*48 for paper?

Oct 10, 2014 at 03:54 PM
Beni
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Does canvas' intrinsic low resolution allow for larger prints?

To be honest, I'd say yes. Very much so. Canvas is hugely forgiving.

Oct 13, 2014 at 02:55 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.