New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Nikon lenses on alt bodies

DaveOls
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon lenses on alt bodies

I am thinking of buying a Sony a 6000, or Fujifilm XE-1 and want to know if it is possible to use an adapter to use all my Nikon F mount lenses?

Oct 09, 2014 at 02:37 PM
ocean2059
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon lenses on alt bodies

Yes, you could use all Nikon MF Ais and AF-D and AF-G lenses on the Sony A6000. I would highly recommend you get a good adapter, such as the one made by Novoflex.

Oct 09, 2014 at 02:42 PM
DaveOls
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon lenses on alt bodies

Thanks, I saw a one hour video on B&H site by Gary Fong really praising the Sony a 6000. It looks pretty nice as a second camera system.

Oct 09, 2014 at 03:06 PM
johnctharp
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikon lenses on alt bodies

Put another way, the only F-mount lenses that you cannot fully use with an adapter are the 'E' lenses, i.e. PC-E and the 800/5.6E, at least until someone develops an adapter akin to the Metabones that enables electronic coupling of the diaphragm.

Oct 09, 2014 at 03:15 PM
mawz
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nikon lenses on alt bodies

johnctharp wrote:
Put another way, the only F-mount lenses that you cannot fully use with an adapter are the 'E' lenses, i.e. PC-E and the 800/5.6E, at least until someone develops an adapter akin to the Metabones that enables electronic coupling of the diaphragm.

Also the new 400/2.8E is covered by this issue. The 85 PC-E can be readily replaced by the optically identical PC D version which does not have this limitation

Oct 09, 2014 at 03:24 PM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Nikon lenses on alt bodies

You can also buy a Metabones Speed Booster (I think even including Ultra) version, which gives you almost same FoV as using lens on FF camera.

Tho I would probably get EF variant of this, since almost any lens can be adapted to Canon EF or you can simply add another adapter (plenty of Nikon G adapters for Canon EF).

Oct 09, 2014 at 03:48 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.