Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Ideas for Seattle locations, landscape photography?

Jeff Rogers
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Ideas for Seattle locations, landscape photography?

I leave on Saturday for Vancouver and already have been given some good places to check out but we will also be going to Seattle. Does anyone have any great photo ideas around there and/or between Seattle and Vancouver? Thanks ahead of time for any ideas.

Oct 06, 2014 at 08:46 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Ideas for Seattle locations, landscape photography?

I'm not a Seattle native, but I get up there occasionally. If you are interested in wildlife, the Skagit Valley often has a lot of birds. I'm not sure what might be going on there this early in the season, but I'll bet that a little internet searching might come up with an answer. I've had a great time out there photographing snow geese and trumpeter swans and eagles.

A bit more off the track is the North Cascades National Park, with easy access to beautiful alpine scenery.

Dan

Oct 06, 2014 at 05:19 PM
JameelH
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Ideas for Seattle locations, landscape photography?

I'd suggest mt baker area. Mt shuksan is a great photo location and one of the most photogenic mountains. The fall colors may be ripe there as well.

Oct 07, 2014 at 09:34 PM
Jeff Rogers
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Ideas for Seattle locations, landscape photography?

Thanks to both of you! Really appreciate it!

Oct 07, 2014 at 09:39 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Ideas for Seattle locations, landscape photography?

just to let you know, rain is forecasted to be EVERYWHERE. I have a permit for the enchantments, and even in there it is calling for rain.... same goes for North Cascades, Mt. Rainier, Oregon Cascades, etc etc. good for waterfalls though

Oct 07, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Jeff Rogers
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Ideas for Seattle locations, landscape photography?

haha. Yes, I saw that. Didn't know if that was typical or not but prepared for whatever. Thanks for the heads up!

Oct 08, 2014 at 10:13 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Ideas for Seattle locations, landscape photography?

Dustin Gent wrote:
just to let you know, rain is forecasted to be EVERYWHERE. I have a permit for the enchantments, and even in there it is calling for rain.... same goes for North Cascades, Mt. Rainier, Oregon Cascades, etc etc. good for waterfalls though

That's the Pacific Northwest!

Rain and gray skies are part of what defines the place, so try to find ways to shoot that very subject. One of my most memorable days in Skagit Valley was a day of almost continuous drizzle. ;-)

Dan

Oct 08, 2014 at 12:36 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Ideas for Seattle locations, landscape photography?

gdanmitchell wrote:
That's the Pacific Northwest!

Rain and gray skies are part of what defines the place, so try to find ways to shoot that very subject. One of my most memorable days in Skagit Valley was a day of almost continuous drizzle. ;-)

Dan

Not in the mountains it's not. That is why "EVERYWHERE" is in caps

Oct 08, 2014 at 10:12 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.