Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Gold Finch early morning light.

randysc
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Gold Finch early morning light.

Grabbed these Gold Finch at sunrise this morning, feasting in a field of wildflowers, It was pretty windy so these were moving targets

CC welcome and thanks for looking in.
Randy

I kept wanting to throw this one away, but somthing about it kept bring me back to it, thoughts?

Oct 04, 2014 at 09:11 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Gold Finch early morning light.

Very nice set. What a beautiful background for these.

I do like the last one, actually it is my favorite. The sharp eye draws you to it inspire of the stem on the body. I also love that red sunflower and the complimentary background colors. To me it all works i would be temped to clone out the purple flower on the top left.

Birdie

Oct 04, 2014 at 09:20 PM
canon.eos30d
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Gold Finch early morning light.

Beautiful, Randy. If I can see, hear and photograph this little pretty bird every morning, I will be very happy.
Great work.

- Tam

Oct 04, 2014 at 11:19 PM
philshoots
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Gold Finch early morning light.

Brilliant exciting color really makes these. The combo of lovely light, vivid setting and eye catchlight elevate the set. Seeing the bird behind dingle in the last can work but it's tricky, in this instance the image is a bit busy for my taste. Beautiful work on a small subject.

Phil

Oct 05, 2014 at 03:53 AM
David Leask
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Gold Finch early morning light.

Super shots Randy. Lovely warm colours
David

Oct 05, 2014 at 05:14 AM
mogul
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Gold Finch early morning light.

Nice shots Randy...I wonder how much longer the Old Mill will plant (running out of room)

Oct 05, 2014 at 07:52 AM
Michael Rucci
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Gold Finch early morning light.

Love the gold finch Randy The backgrounds are very colorful I think in #2 you just missed the focus .I agree with Phil on the last just to busy for me and that shadow on the bird is to distracting

Oct 05, 2014 at 08:00 AM
randysc
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Gold Finch early morning light.

birdied wrote:
Very nice set. What a beautiful background for these.

I do like the last one, actually it is my favorite. The sharp eye draws you to it inspire of the stem on the body. I also love that red sunflower and the complimentary background colors. To me it all works i would be temped to clone out the purple flower on the top left.

Birdie

Thank you Birdie, this is a great place to shoot these little guys this time of year, got another couple weeks I hope.

Randy

Oct 05, 2014 at 08:38 AM
randysc
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Gold Finch early morning light.

canon.eos30d wrote:
Beautiful, Randy. If I can see, hear and photograph this little pretty bird every morning, I will be very happy.
Great work.

- Tam

Thank you for looking in and the kind words Tam, going out again this morning, hope the wind is down, it was blowing pretty good yesterday and they don't stay perched very long before they move to another branch. Fast little guys.
Randy

Oct 05, 2014 at 08:42 AM
randysc
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Gold Finch early morning light.

philshoots wrote:
Brilliant exciting color really makes these. The combo of lovely light, vivid setting and eye catchlight elevate the set. Seeing the bird behind dingle in the last can work but it's tricky, in this instance the image is a bit busy for my taste. Beautiful work on a small subject.

Phil

Thanks for looking in and the comment Phil, I agree, a bit busy for me too, but couldn't bring myself to throw it away, something about it I like.

Randy

Oct 05, 2014 at 08:45 AM
randysc
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Gold Finch early morning light.

David Leask wrote:
Super shots Randy. Lovely warm colours
David

Thanks David, appreciate your comment

Randy

Oct 05, 2014 at 08:47 AM
randysc
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Gold Finch early morning light.

mogul wrote:
Nice shots Randy...I wonder how much longer the Old Mill will plant (running out of room)

Mogul, thanks for looking in, I hope they keep planting, I look forward to this time of year and getting some shots of these Gold Finch. Beautiful setting for portraits too.

Randy

Oct 05, 2014 at 08:52 AM
randysc
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Gold Finch early morning light.

Michael Rucci wrote:
Love the gold finch Randy The backgrounds are very colorful I think in #2 you just missed the focus .I agree with Phil on the last just to busy for me and that shadow on the bird is to distracting

Thanks Michael, I look forward to this time of year at this spot, makes for some nice colorful back drops. Agree on #2, windy day so these little guys were moving targets

Oct 05, 2014 at 09:01 AM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Gold Finch early morning light.

Colourful set Randy. Well done.

Oct 05, 2014 at 09:26 AM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Gold Finch early morning light.

Our state bird is the eastern variety...they come in all colors here depending on their age and sex...but your gold goldfinch are just wonderful...nicely done with the windblown moving target.
Eric

Oct 05, 2014 at 09:55 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Gold Finch early morning light.

4 for me Randy. Great use of natural framing and I love the fall colors in the background.

Morris

Oct 05, 2014 at 10:14 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.