Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Adapter for Canon FD to A7R

what adapter would you recommend for Canon FD. Thanks

Oct 01, 2014 at 10:23 PM
pdmphoto
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Adapter for Canon FD to A7R

I dont know of a good one for the reflection issues. I'd just by a cheap Fotga or something and flock it myself. The Fotga I have fit nicely.

Oct 01, 2014 at 11:14 PM
Beni
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Adapter for Canon FD to A7R

Using a Novoflex. Never heard of reflection issues outside of the metabones. Loving it. Expensive perhaps but a fraction of what most lenses cost and it's significant for all your lenses! I have Novoflex for all my alt lenses, it's worth the investment IMO. If only just to buy and forget, knowing I don't have to worry about reflections, mounting, build quality, that the mount is flat, etc.

Fd 24mm f2 @ f4 on A7r, Novoflex adaptor.

Oct 02, 2014 at 01:00 AM
tonyniev
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Adapter for Canon FD to A7R

Thanks

Oct 02, 2014 at 01:21 AM
akuba

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Adapter for Canon FD to A7R

I bought the ciecio7 adapter on ebay on recommendation from an earlier thread here. The quality is excellent - the adapter is one-piece black-anodized machined aluminium. Fit and finish is perfect.

Oct 02, 2014 at 01:36 AM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Adapter for Canon FD to A7R

Fotasy is the way to go IMO. My Fotasy FD-E-mount adapter works just perfect, as well as my M mount and M42 mount adapters from the same brand.

Oct 02, 2014 at 06:29 AM
prashant
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Adapter for Canon FD to A7R

do Fotasy, ciecio7, or novoflex have no reflection issues? Beni's photo seems Novoflex has not.

Oct 02, 2014 at 09:55 AM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Adapter for Canon FD to A7R

I have never ever seen any reflection issues with my adapters.

Oct 02, 2014 at 10:00 AM
miguel_13
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Adapter for Canon FD to A7R

akuba wrote:
I bought the ciecio7 adapter on ebay on recommendation from an earlier thread here. The quality is excellent - the adapter is one-piece black-anodized machined aluminium. Fit and finish is perfect.

I concur.

I've been using Ciecio7 adapters for 3 or 4 years, he makes great stuff and the shipping from Poland to U.S. is surprisingly fast. The only other adapters that really stand out are the Yeenon stuff, they make some really useful hard to find items but I'm not sure if they make an FD.

Oct 02, 2014 at 10:52 AM
Dpedraza
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Adapter for Canon FD to A7R

retrofocus wrote:
Fotasy is the way to go IMO. My Fotasy FD-E-mount adapter works just perfect, as well as my M mount and M42 mount adapters from the same brand.

I had the same adapter and no issues I even pointed it toward the sun. price couldn't be beat either

Oct 02, 2014 at 03:04 PM
pdmphoto
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Adapter for Canon FD to A7R

Reflection issues are dependent on the adapter, lens, and the light source. The problem may not always be readily noticeable. Often, it shows up as a loss of contrast (on entire or part of image) . I wasn't convinced until I flocked a couple of my adapters and then retested the lenses in different bright conditions. Some lenses show a great improvement, others not so much. YMMV

Oct 02, 2014 at 09:39 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.