FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · More and more

MintMar
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · More and more

dhphoto wrote:
But I doubt that the OP or most people could get into a car made five years ago and notice much difference from one made last week.

As time goes on the rate of improvement slows down, this has started to happen to cameras too - in many circumstances you can't tell from a reproduced image if it was made on a 5D or a 5D3, or a Nikon D3 or a D810.

Nothing wrong with tech improvment, it's putting too much importance on it that's often the issue.

Yep, with the image, that may be true - especially if the light conditions were friendly. But compare the AF in 5D and 5D3, and you see a quantum leap. From 1990's straight into 2010's :-)

Oct 02, 2014 at 06:28 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · More and more

alvit wrote:
I remember my Hassy and my Rolley with only 12 shots per roll and Manual focus

I remember using similar cameras and worse "back in the day." It was (as is) possible to produce fine photographs using film and manual focus and all the rest.

However, I'm completely certain that if the technology of the cameras of 50 years ago and the camera of today's digital camera (and post and printing) systems had been invented simultaneously and at the same levels of development available today from digital and film media that virtually no one would select film over digital.

Been there, done that, (loved it at the time)... and completely uninterested in going back.

Dan

Oct 02, 2014 at 09:20 AM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · More and more

gdanmitchell wrote:
I remember using similar cameras and worse "back in the day." It was (as is) possible to produce fine photographs using film and manual focus and all the rest.

However, I'm completely certain that if the technology of the cameras of 50 years ago and the camera of today's digital camera (and post and printing) systems had been invented simultaneously and at the same levels of development available today from digital and film media that virtually no one would select film over digital.

Been there, done that, (loved it at the time)... and completely uninterested in going back.

Dan

I hated film for being restricting and unreliable when your career depended on it. I had too many disasters that were not my fault, but that of the film or the processing

Having these dslrs is manna from heaven for me

I will never ever shoot a frame of film again.

Oct 02, 2014 at 09:28 AM
TeamSpeed
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · More and more

Blame the shareholders... Canon has to show increases in market share and revenue and share price, and thus the only way to do this is to constantly offer "bigger, better, and more", market the snot out of it, and the public buys into the hype.

I would expect that if photography tech stopped today, and we had to use what whatever tech we now have available, photography would be as vibrant a hobby, sport, or career as it ever has been for many years to come. So it isn't the consumer driving the engine here, it is the financial market.

If you really think about any current tech, like wearables, phones, tablets, etc, that is really one of the primary driving causes of constant change.

Oct 02, 2014 at 09:33 AM
alvit
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · More and more

I assume you are trying to be provocative.

May be a little but with some philosophy in
I'm not a saint,me too I'm looking to Nikon D810 , should be the top now, but I'm deeply in Canon gear

Oct 02, 2014 at 09:36 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.