Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · Anybody own both Fuji X-E2 (or X-T1) and A7? If so, how do they compare?

millsart
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Anybody own both Fuji X-E2 (or X-T1) and A7? If so, how do they compare?

Hmmm.....can't say I've ever heard of either of those camera models, I'm positive I didn't own both of them, and I'm darn sure I haven't participated in countless threads on this very forum were we've discussed these same issue in depth

Oct 01, 2014 at 06:56 PM
millsart
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Anybody own both Fuji X-E2 (or X-T1) and A7? If so, how do they compare?

You don't actually gain one stop of light. The physical aperture that qualifies as f/2.8 at 140mm would only be f/4.2 at 210mm. I know nobody talks about things this way, but it's true, it's just that the ISO standard doesn't really work with digital sensors, so we don't realize it. (I don't want to go too far off topic, but this explains it http://youtu.be/DtDotqLx6nA)

Wouldn't touch a Tony Northrup link with a 10 foot pole.....

Oct 01, 2014 at 07:02 PM
marlinspike

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Anybody own both Fuji X-E2 (or X-T1) and A7? If so, how do they compare?

millsart wrote:
Wouldn't touch a Tony Northrup link with a 10 foot pole.....

I hear you, but that one is actually correct and put in a way that is helpful to people who don't already know the information contained within.

Oct 01, 2014 at 07:16 PM
lostinjapan
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Anybody own both Fuji X-E2 (or X-T1) and A7? If so, how do they compare?

I just sold my X-T1 ten days ago and I kept the A7r and the A7s in addition to my Leica. The Fuji was by far the nicer camera to shoot with, it was just a joy but I missed the full frame look. The A7 files are easier to post process than the Fuji's as well, they have slightly more dynamic range.

I loved the Fuji's, the IQ is nice and the lenses are great, but it was just missing "that look".

Ryan

Oct 01, 2014 at 07:20 PM
hauxon
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Anybody own both Fuji X-E2 (or X-T1) and A7? If so, how do they compare?

Very noble of you helping me out with that link.

Cheers!

Oct 01, 2014 at 07:23 PM
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.