Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2014 · How come no offers on my Df.

VinnieJ
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · How come no offers on my Df.

chuhsi1 wrote:
If my DF had D750 AF...I'd be SO happy.

I do like the AF better in my D810 especially with group area AF but I do not find the AF in the Df to be lacking except for that group area option. I think it really depends on usage, I often shoot BIF and my kids sports and the Df delivers in that regard.

Oct 02, 2014 at 09:17 AM
Joseph.
• • • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · How come no offers on my Df.

jsv_20 wrote:
Whatever you do, don't sell your Df to KEH or Adorama or any of the other retailers out there...

Will they make fun of you for being a hippie?

Oct 02, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Avi B
• • • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · How come no offers on my Df.

^^^^^ You mean hipster right? ^^^^^

Oct 02, 2014 at 12:32 PM
Elijah
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · How come no offers on my Df.

PF. I wouldn't sell my DF. I sat on it and it crushed my 58mm while the DF didn't even ger a stratch. DF is built like a tank. Here's proof:

Oct 02, 2014 at 01:52 PM
Waki
• •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · How come no offers on my Df.

I listed my Df for a few days and had no takers. I wasn't selling it for any particular reason, it was just extra and taking up space. Same reason I sold my D800. I don't use the Df much, actually I shot an engagement session with it a month or so ago and it did quite well. This was outdoors, in fairly dark woods using speedlights and I really had no issues with the AF system. I don't think the AF system is that bad or that big of a deal. I use a D810 and D4s now as my primary tools so the Df was expendable. Since it didn't sell, and I did get stupid offers locally off CL for $1500/$1600, its my house camera now. Just something sitting on my shelf with a lens on it ready to go for whatever crops up. I'm actually ok with it and to be honest had some remorse listing it in the first place. I do like the camera but its just not as capable as my two primary tools for the work I do.

Oct 02, 2014 at 02:34 PM
taemo
• • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · How come no offers on my Df.

I saw someone looking to trade their 5DII + 24-105L lens for a Df locally.

maybe trade yours for something like that and then sell it

Oct 02, 2014 at 02:59 PM
Joseph.
• • • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · How come no offers on my Df.

The Df is a true WTF camera, and that's why I love it..

-It has an amazing low light D4 sensor...yet they gave it an AF that struggles in low light

-It's built for MF glass, yet they forgot the split focusing screen

-It's designed to slow you down for Pure Photography™, so they put locks on the dials and didn't include EasyISO........AND they put a dedicated AF-On button just in case you want some focusing convenience

but despite all that, I love the damn thing. Another item that gets a lot of hate is the 58 1.4G so I purposely use them together and it just inspires me to create.

Oct 02, 2014 at 03:22 PM
sandycrane
• • •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · How come no offers on my Df.

DontShoot wrote:

-It has an amazing low light D4 sensor...yet they gave it an AF that struggles in low light

-It's built for MF glass, yet they forgot the split focusing screen

-It's designed to slow you down for Pure Photography™, so they put locks on the dials and didn't include EasyISO........AND they put a dedicated AF-On button just in case you want some focusing convenience

but despite all that, I love the damn thing. Another item that gets a lot of hate is the 58 1.4G so I purposely
...Show more

It's what happens when you let the marketing department design a camera. Lucky it has a great sensor.

Oct 02, 2014 at 03:46 PM
Elijah
• • • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · How come no offers on my Df.

DontShoot wrote:
...I love the damn thing. Another item that gets a lot of hate is the 58 1.4G so I purposely use them together and it just inspires me to create.

This, my friend, is probably the smartest thing you wrote on FredMiranda, period!

Oct 02, 2014 at 03:51 PM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · How come no offers on my Df.

It is a camera that was just nikon trying to jump on the 'retro' bandwagon late in the game using as many available parts as possible. They had the chance to make a great (and popular) camera but didn't.

Oct 02, 2014 at 03:53 PM
AMaji
• • • •
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · How come no offers on my Df.

Mark_L wrote:
It is a camera that was just nikon trying to jump on the 'retro' bandwagon late in the game using as many available parts as possible. They had the chance to make a great (and popular) camera but didn't.

I thought the camera was so popular when introduced that Nikon could not keep up with the demand and had to issue an apology

Oct 02, 2014 at 04:06 PM
Waki
• •
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · How come no offers on my Df.

DontShoot wrote:

Nice words.....Pretty much sums it up. I didn't think of it as retro or a fail. I have a Fuji X-T1 thats more retro, but the damn Df just appeals which is why I felt "ugly" listing it. I'm glad it didn't get any takers. I don't have a Nikon 58 to put on it but I have a Voigtlander 58mm II manual that fits it pretty well and I like that.

Oct 02, 2014 at 04:26 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · How come no offers on my Df.

Mark_L wrote:
It is a camera that was just nikon trying to jump on the 'retro' bandwagon late in the game using as many available parts as possible.

Instead, they ended up jumping the shark...

Oct 02, 2014 at 04:35 PM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.4 #14 · p.4 #14 · How come no offers on my Df.

AMaji wrote:
I thought the camera was so popular when introduced that Nikon could not keep up with the demand and had to issue an apology

Just like most of their cameras beforehand. Then people realised it wasn't the second coming of the FM2 and the used price adjusted accordingly.

Oct 02, 2014 at 05:13 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.