#45 was all over the field

Ankle breaker

Future Brett Favre

Sep 30, 2014 at 05:40 AM
rddayton
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Big Man football #2

No one has weighed in to provide C&C for these, but here's my take.

1) The first thing I see is they they are very hot -- all of them appear to be over-exposed. I will double check because this monitor is not calibrated, but by over-exposing, you have lost a lot of detail in the uniforms and it's frankly visually distracting.

2) Please number your photos in the future so it is easier for us to comment on them.

3) Photo #1 -- needs more leading space on the right. You need to give your ball carrier somewhere to go. Remember 99.5% of the time, football is all about the ball and the ballcarrier. That's where you eye goes. Make sure they have somewhere to go, too.

4) Photo #2 -- Kind of a cute idea, but because the exposure is not ideal, it's hard to see the eyes inside the helmets. Get that exposure right -- and crop it much tighter and I think it would work better.

5) Photo #3 -- I know you are trying to tell a story about number 45. That's great, but we need to see his face and his eyes and his intensity -- and that is impossible to do from this angle. If you are going to shoot defenders, shoot them from behind the offensive team so you can focus solely on him and not so much on the ball carrier.

6) Photo #4 -- Decent potential here, but it appears to me that the focus is on the blocker who is trailing the play rather than the little guy who is "breaking ankles." The bigger issue here is the overexposure again though. That makes it tough to tell if the focus is good.

7) Photo #5 -- This could have been a really great shot. Love how you are down low. Love how you have great eyeballs and face of the quarterback. Love the unobstructed view of the QB (very difficult to do.) However, I am guessing this is a very heavy crop because the detail is starting to break apart. By getting your exposure right in camera, that will also allow you to crop without losing quite as much.

I fear my critique will come across as being harsh. That is not my intention. My intention is to point out the things you can do to make these better. It looks to me that you are getting in the right positions to get good shots. It looks like you are getting low to get good angles. Clean up a few more technical things about your shooting and cropping and you photos will be much better. If you have any questions, please shoot me a message (or do it here) and I'll be happy to help -- and I know many of the other pros will too.

Rick

Oct 03, 2014 at 06:12 AM
speakit101
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Big Man football #2

Rddayton thanks and no not harsh at all I appreciate the time you took and broke down each area that need improvement. I love constructive criticism its the only way i'm going to get better. I will take every point into consideration and make adjustments accordingly. Once again thanks for your critique. Bless you!

Oct 03, 2014 at 09:06 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.