Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · Updated: DPP, EOS Utility, EOS Movie Utility, Picture Style Editor

Photonadave
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Updated: DPP, EOS Utility, EOS Movie Utility, Picture Style Editor

Canon DPP 4.1.50 just released! Supports more cameras! See here .

Its available on Canon Europe site here .

Dec 18, 2014 at 01:25 AM
sivrajbm
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Updated: DPP, EOS Utility, EOS Movie Utility, Picture Style Editor

johnctharp wrote:
Just slap 8.1 on there and get Start8 to put the full Start Menu back. The only big difference is in how much faster it starts up .

If you are doing any kind of FTP go with Win7, MS still hasn't fixed the FTP in Win8.

Dec 18, 2014 at 08:15 AM
Gust
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Updated: DPP, EOS Utility, EOS Movie Utility, Picture Style Editor

Were is the EOS Utility for Yosemite?

Dec 18, 2014 at 01:32 PM
Photonadave
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Updated: DPP, EOS Utility, EOS Movie Utility, Picture Style Editor

If you are asking in regards to the new DPP 4.xxx you need version 3.xxx EOS Utility to go with it.

If so its in the links I posted above or for a more direct link to EOS Utility EOS Utility 3.1.0b for Mac OS X (Yosemite) that I found at that site click --> here .

Dec 18, 2014 at 02:12 PM
HarveyGold
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Updated: DPP, EOS Utility, EOS Movie Utility, Picture Style Editor

Okay, I downloaded and installed DPP 4.1.5 Win 8.1 and it looks pretty good. The interface is different enough that it will take some getting used to.

I see a big speed improvement in populating it with a large number of images and in opening images for review.

I've played with it a bit and think I found a little bug.....

When a batch of images are selected and you engage 'Quick Check' (formerly Quick View enabled with Alt-Q) , the arrow keys that are used to scroll through the images stop working if you change the viewing size from default to say 50% as an example. I had to double click the current image to full size and then double click again to return to viewing size to re-enable the arrow keys. That never happened in v.3.x.x

Anyone else found this or know of a fix for it?

Dec 18, 2014 at 02:36 PM
Photonadave
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Updated: DPP, EOS Utility, EOS Movie Utility, Picture Style Editor

After you go to 50% view you need to do a single pick (left mouse on PC) on any of the small preview images at the bottom to switch the window focus back to the row of preview images. Then the arrow keys will be recognized.

BTW, DPP 3.xx works the same inconvenient way.

Dec 18, 2014 at 03:05 PM
HarveyGold
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Updated: DPP, EOS Utility, EOS Movie Utility, Picture Style Editor

Photonadave wrote:
After you go to 50% view you need to do a single pick (left mouse on PC) on any of the small preview images at the bottom to switch the window focus back to the row of preview images. Then the arrow keys will be recognized.

BTW, DPP 3.xx works the same inconvenient way.

Thanks.

Dec 18, 2014 at 03:15 PM
Photonadave
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Updated: DPP, EOS Utility, EOS Movie Utility, Picture Style Editor

You're welcome!

Dec 18, 2014 at 04:26 PM
Methodical
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Updated: DPP, EOS Utility, EOS Movie Utility, Picture Style Editor

Confused. How many DPPs are there?

Dec 18, 2014 at 04:56 PM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Updated: DPP, EOS Utility, EOS Movie Utility, Picture Style Editor

Downloaded DPP 3.14.45 and EOS Utility 2.14.10a for my 5D MkII cameras. Programs work fine so far, likely I won't see big changes since I don't have any of the newer lenses or EOS cameras.

Dec 18, 2014 at 04:58 PM
Photonadave
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Updated: DPP, EOS Utility, EOS Movie Utility, Picture Style Editor

Methodical wrote:
Confused. How many DPPs are there?

Version 4.xx is a new native 64 bit version with a new user interface sporting some new capabilities and interestingly missing some old ones at least for now. It is compatible with newer Canon cameras with additional ones added in the latest version 4.1.50 and needs a new version 3.xx EOS Utilities to download from the compatible cameras.

Version 3.xx is the old & familiar 32 bit version compatible with most all Canon DSLRs and maybe some other higher end cameras. I needs version 2.xx EOS Utilities for download from the compatible cameras.

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:47 PM
sirimiri
• • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Updated: DPP, EOS Utility, EOS Movie Utility, Picture Style Editor

DPP 4.x is unfortunately very buggy software, still. I am a longtime DPP user and want to exclusively use 4.x for my 5DIII files because the recipes are far more "granular" than DPP 3.x plus the conversions themselves are superior, but the program has a lot of problems to be worked out.

Canon, you made the effort to improve your software, please get it right.

Or at least, "righter".

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:03 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.