Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

Archive 2014 · Canon EOS-1D X for only $4,624 shipped!

Focus Locus
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Canon EOS-1D X for only $4,624 shipped!

I recently read of someone dropping their rig in water. The reported that Canon would not repair the camera, because, reportedly, Canon cannot guarantee against future problems that did not immediately manifest themselves, but might come up in two or three months time, due to the water damage.

What do you suppose happens to those cameras, after they've dried out, and are useable once again?

When buying used, even here on FM, how do you know whether the low mileage, low shutter count 1DX that comes with a blank, serial number matching USA warranty card is so "clean" because it had a brief bath in the previous owner's possession?

At least with NEW IN BOX, there is no risk of unknown history.

The question is, with GetItDigital, do the 1DX's they are selling come in the box? Their feedback profile, and item descriptions for other products, consistently report that they ship both cameras and lenses out of their original packaging, presumably from separating kits. One would think that wouldn't apply to bodies that are not kitted, like the 1DX, but GetItDigital has another caveat in their fine print....

"Please note: The photographs of some accessories may not reflect the actual item shipped. At times, we may substitute accessories for similar ones of equal or greater value."

Does this mean that GetItDigital might substitute an aftermarket battery and/or aftermarket charger in lieu of the original Canon branded battery and charger? Which would enable them to sell the Canon charger separately in another auction, which would be lucrative, given the extraordinarily high cost that Canon sells their original chargers and batteries for?

I'm all for buying new grey market instead of used. I think grey market is actually less risky. However, I want everything that originally ships with body.

Sep 29, 2014 at 04:36 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Canon EOS-1D X for only $4,624 shipped!

Micky Bill wrote:
Samys? Really?
Just be sure that you know how much B&H is selling the same thing for or they will charge what they think the traffic will bear. Ever notice there are no price tags on things on the shelf?
With Canoga and Calumet going under there's no one to keep Scammys honest...except the online guys.

I'd never buy a big ticket item from Samy's ever again.
I bought my Leica M-E and lens from them, and could have saved about $1K if I bought it from B&H (taxes). But I thought, what if something goes wrong? They'd be there for me and I'm helping a local business...
Long story short, something did go wrong (under warranty). I took it to Samy's. They wanted to charge me $50 to ship it to NY Leica HQ to get fixed! If I knew that was their customer service I would have bought it from B&H, saved the $1000, and happily paid $50 to ship it.
I took it to Leica Shop LA (which opened a few months after I bought it), and they immediately took care of it, no shipping charges etc..

Sep 29, 2014 at 07:46 PM
godfather
• • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Canon EOS-1D X for only $4,624 shipped!

Just a heads up...91 percent sold so probably another 8 or 9 cameras left. Trying to decide if I want to trade up but I thought I'd mention it if anyone else is on the fence.

Sep 30, 2014 at 02:05 PM
El Pedro

p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Canon EOS-1D X for only $4,624 shipped!

godfather wrote:
Just a heads up...91 percent sold so probably another 8 or 9 cameras left. Trying to decide if I want to trade up but I thought I'd mention it if anyone else is on the fence.

Haha, sounds like you want them all sold to help you resist the temptation.

Sep 30, 2014 at 03:29 PM
Focus Locus
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Canon EOS-1D X for only $4,624 shipped!

Another retailer has the 1Dx for $4,749.00., with free shipping.

http://thedigitalpros.com/item.htr?id=30904

That's the lowest yet. I guess the price of the 1Dx is finally starting to fall.

Some hope it is due to a global inventory clearance in anticipation of a forthcoming "higher MP" camera that one of Canon's head honchos eluded to during a recent interview at Photokina.

Another vendor is selling for $4,799 also...

http://www.42photo.com/pd-productid-106533-k-canon_eos_1d_x_181_megapixel_digital_camera_%28body%29-gclid-CN-S5In9icECFRRhfgodYqYA9w.htm

Sep 30, 2014 at 05:23 PM
bipock
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Canon EOS-1D X for only $4,624 shipped!

I bought my 1Dx grey market a couple months ago with no issue. I think the going rate then was about $5200-5300 advertised like these. When I called to see what was included, it was literally camera, battery, and some other charger. No manual, no box. Those were extra and brought the price to $5800, so still a $1000 savings. And I'd do it again.

That said, I would call to see EXACTLY what is included in the sale.

Oct 01, 2014 at 01:07 PM
El Pedro

p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Canon EOS-1D X for only $4,624 shipped!

bipock wrote:
I bought my 1Dx grey market a couple months ago with no issue. I think the going rate then was about $5200-5300 advertised like these. When I called to see what was included, it was literally camera, battery, and some other charger. No manual, no box. Those were extra and brought the price to $5800, so still a $1000 savings. And I'd do it again.

That said, I would call to see EXACTLY what is included in the sale.

That's just dodgy sales practices trying to increase the price.

My 1DX was "grey". The only difference was the manual was in Japanese and the power plug was not a local Australian one. They were kind enough to include an adaptor but I had plenty of suitable cords at home anyway.

It's the same camera with the same inclusions (aside from the two item I mentioned) no matter where it's sold.

Oct 01, 2014 at 03:19 PM
coreybell
• • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Canon EOS-1D X for only $4,624 shipped!

The price looks as though it has gone up now to 5149.99

Oct 02, 2014 at 04:50 PM
Tom Dix
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Canon EOS-1D X for only $4,624 shipped!

Great pricing on this camera. Here comes the new 1D.

Oct 02, 2014 at 05:00 PM
Tapeman
• • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Canon EOS-1D X for only $4,624 shipped!

^^^ My feelings exactly. Bought my 1D2 just before the newer model was announced. My advice is to skip one generation, minimum.

Oct 03, 2014 at 04:46 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Canon EOS-1D X for only $4,624 shipped!

Tom Dix wrote:
Great pricing on this camera. Here comes the new 1D.

Excellent!

I've been saving up for the 1DY since I got my 1DX in 2012 (for $5950 CA). In a few more years I'll get the 1DZ, and then I'll finally have a 3D.

Get it? X Y Z... 3D.

Oct 03, 2014 at 04:58 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Canon EOS-1D X for only $4,624 shipped!

jcolwell wrote:
Excellent!

I've been saving up for the 1DY since I got my 1DX in 2012 (for $5950 CA). In a few more years I'll get the 1DZ, and then I'll finally have a 3D.

Get it? X Y Z... 3D.

Jim, I do not get it because I was steeped in the system of polar coordinates rather early in my formative years, unable to think Cartesian, viz. "square", any more.

Oct 03, 2014 at 05:22 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Canon EOS-1D X for only $4,624 shipped!

Hi Peter,

You'd probably "get it" if you spent more time with polar coordinates, 'cause the next step is spherical coordinates: (X,Y,Z) <~> (r, theta, phi). You could use cylindrical coordinates, but I think it's a waste of pipe.

IMO, spherical coordinates are best-suited for photography; range, elevation, and azimuth. Given a little more time, we could get into 4D.

P.S. there is no "Fifth Dimension".

Oct 03, 2014 at 06:07 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Canon EOS-1D X for only $4,624 shipped!

jcolwell wrote:
Hi Peter,

You'd probably "get it" if you spent more time with polar coordinates, 'cause the next step is spherical coordinates: (X,Y,Z) <~> (r, theta, phi). You could use cylindrical coordinates, but I think it's a waste of pipe.

IMO, spherical coordinates are best-suited for photography; range, elevation, and azimuth. Given a little more time, we could get into 4D.

Jim -- That's not true -- I have that Byrd's album, and that song is on it, too!

Good to see you back!

Oct 03, 2014 at 07:19 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Canon EOS-1D X for only $4,624 shipped!

jcolwell wrote:
Hi Peter,

Jim, the way I look at it, the "spherical" coordinate system is just a 3D "polar system" .
In our tangible physical world, 3D is what we freely move in. (The time dimension addition is a math formalism derivative, and while we can certainly perceive the time phenomenon we can not move within it freely with ease.)
However, the math is not limited to 3D, or 4D, which corresponds to our tangible physical world perception. Abstract multidimensional spaces are routinely used in mathematics, and also extended to various more practical modelling and problem solving applications.

Oct 03, 2014 at 07:47 PM
onegreatcity
• • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Canon EOS-1D X for only $4,624 shipped!

jcolwell wrote:
...but I think it's a waste of pipe.

Perhaps a pipe has indeed influenced this thread…

Oct 03, 2014 at 09:52 PM
pat.kane
• • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Canon EOS-1D X for only $4,624 shipped!

coreybell wrote:
The price looks as though it has gone up now to 5149.99

Not quite the deal it was earlier, but it looks like the price is now reduced to $5,039.99.

Nov 01, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Focus Locus
• • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Canon EOS-1D X for only $4,624 shipped!

That's still almost $1,000 less than the same camera sold by a USA market distributor, even with the $800.00 rebate.

Nov 01, 2014 at 12:54 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Canon EOS-1D X for only $4,624 shipped!

Price lowered to $4,624!

Canon EOS-1D X for $4,624

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:02 PM
Focus Locus
• • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Canon EOS-1D X for only $4,624 shipped!

Does anyone remember that thread I started about 3 months back, stating that the price of the 1DX was about to come down significantly, because I was about to buy one? Well... it happened. Just as I predicted. Just AFTER I bought mine. I hope those of you who read that thread were able to benefit from the heads up. Shall I make future announcements of any other equipment I'm thinking getting? I'm not psychic, but apparently do have some effect on prices plummeting, but only AFTER my money is spent.

$4,624.00 Shakes head. Shuts down.

Dec 29, 2014 at 02:03 AM
1       2      
       4       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.