New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · PRINTMAKERS

J4644
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · PRINTMAKERS

Hi,

I have been printing with a Canon iPF6300 for about two years. I calibrate the monitor with an X-Rite i1Display Pro and have custom ICC profiles for the media I use. In fact, I just had the profiles redone. Since going from CS5 to CS6, Adobe in their myopic vision has decided to not have their CMM work with the 64-bit CS6. I am stuck with using the OS approach in the Canon printer plugin because unlike CS5 you cannot run CS6 in 32- bit. As a result, I Am getting prints that do not match my monitor very well. Prior to this, I would say that I had a very good match, about 95 percent, to quantify it.

I am using a Mac with Mountain Lion and have been using Convert to profile in CS6 to be able to use the Black point compensation option, it is no longer available in the Canon plugin. My prints have been lacking contrast and vibrance, blacks not black enough, color not popping enough. I started to use soft-proofing in CS6, never had a need to use it before, print results were fine. I usually see a significant enough shift between the processed image and the soft-proofed image. I understand when simulate paper color and black ink are checked it makes the image look like crap. I also understand that the monitor is backlit and the print is reflective and a perfect match is not possible. I just want to get back to where I was before I had these issues.

I have had both processed images and soft-proofed side by side and tried to get the soft-proofed to match, but that is not as easy as one may think, at least for me. It also means that you have to reprocess the image. Is there a way to just start processing the image in soft-proofing with the media and printer simulated from the beginning. I am using the virtual keyboard because my real one just stopped functioning and I cannot seem to access the question mark. Any other work-arounds would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jim

Sep 28, 2014 at 06:53 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.