New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · DPP Processing Issue

khurram1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · DPP Processing Issue

I've got an issue with processing my RAW files in DPP, that I can't figure out.

I finally finished a large batch of processing from this summer without any issues. THe next batch i started, i have an issue where, the raw files become green intermittently. If I exit and come back in the RAW files seem fine in DPP. However, when i process a batch to convert the files to JPEG, the converted JPEG files are all green. I've checked through my settings, but can't see anything, that would cause the RAW files to appear as entirely green, or why the converted RAW files would be green.

Has anyone else experienced this issue

I'm running DPP 3.11.31 and my version of Mac OSX Lion is 10.7.5 on a 3.06 GHz dual core.

Sep 27, 2014 at 12:56 AM
sirimiri
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · DPP Processing Issue

I'm trying to remember if I had this issue many moons ago...I might have.

Let me ask you this: has your video card misbehaved of late?

Sep 27, 2014 at 01:58 AM
JimboCin
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · DPP Processing Issue

Good idea about a misbehaving video card. When you see the green images, are just the images green or is the entire screen greenish?

Sep 27, 2014 at 04:42 AM
khurram1
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · DPP Processing Issue

I'm not sure - what are the symptoms - I'm not really much of a computer guy. Overall, my computer seems to be slow lately, but the only real issue has been with processing in DPP.

sirimiri wrote:
I'm trying to remember if I had this issue many moons ago...I might have.

Let me ask you this: has your video card misbehaved of late?

Sep 27, 2014 at 09:28 AM
khurram1
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · DPP Processing Issue

Only the images are green and only in DPP. It's kind of weird. When looking at the small view of the images in folder view, images are fine. When I open up a raw file it seems fine. While I'm editing sometime the whole image becomes green. If I exit and come back in its fine, but if I'm the edit Nigeria to long and scroll throw the options, it turns green again. When I select the checked images for batch processing, all of the highlighted images apoear fine in the fonder view. However when I run the batch process, all of the processed images are green.

Would the video card cause the machine to be slow overall If that is the problem, is it something that can be replaced?? How expensive of a repair is that??

JimboCin wrote:
Good idea about a misbehaving video card. When you see the green images, are just the images green or is the entire screen greenish?

Sep 27, 2014 at 09:35 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · DPP Processing Issue

It does sound like a video card. Video cards are typically 200-300$. When you view the output on another computer, does the green go away.

It could also be your monitor.

Is it a iMac or mac book or Tower?

Sep 27, 2014 at 11:35 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · DPP Processing Issue

How do the same files behave on a different system? Is there a chance that the files are corrupted?

I don't think DPP using any graphics acceleration. Bad graphics normally affects the entire screen, not just one app.

EBH

Sep 27, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Andrew J
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · DPP Processing Issue

I would do a really good check for malware.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/malicious-software-removal-tool-details.aspx

Sep 27, 2014 at 01:24 PM
khurram1
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · DPP Processing Issue

Scott Stoness wrote:
It does sound like a video card. Video cards are typically 200-300$. When you view the output on another computer, does the green go away.

It could also be your monitor.

Is it a iMac or mac book or Tower?

It's a macbook Pro (late 2009). I'm not seeing green using any other application. In fact, i when i'm looking t the files in folder view, they are fine. When I open up the files, they also look fine. I can work on them and edit them and they are also fine. it's when i process them, or edit them too long, they become green.

Sep 27, 2014 at 01:31 PM
khurram1
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · DPP Processing Issue

EB-1 wrote:
How do the same files behave on a different system? Is there a chance that the files are corrupted?

I don't think DPP using any graphics acceleration. Bad graphics normally affects the entire screen, not just one app.

EBH

Okay, i just tried to reprocess the files that did process fine and there is no issue with them. I than tried to process the files that i was having issues with and they look fine, but are converting into green files. Looks like the files are corrupted. I'll try copying the recipes from the good files and see fi that does the trick.

Sep 27, 2014 at 01:36 PM
khurram1
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · DPP Processing Issue

Andrew J wrote:
I would do a really good check for malware.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/malicious-software-removal-tool-details.aspx

is this relevant for Macs as well

Sep 27, 2014 at 01:36 PM
khurram1
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · DPP Processing Issue

well that didn't work. I tried to copy the recipes from a file that didn't have issued, but while editing the files that turned green previously, they ended up turning green again

Any suggestions

Sep 27, 2014 at 02:02 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · DPP Processing Issue

Khurram1: If its helpful, I have several macbook pros, mac book airs and a mac tower and I live in the same town if you want to test with a different computer. PM me if you want to try something.

Sep 28, 2014 at 03:11 PM
khurram1
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · DPP Processing Issue

Scott Stoness wrote:
Khurram1: If its helpful, I have several macbook pros, mac book airs and a mac tower and I live in the same town if you want to test with a different computer. PM me if you want to try something.

Thanks for the offer Scott!! But looks like i've got it sorted out. Not sure what caused the issue, but i was able to process the files this morning.

I deleted the files from my hard drive that were causing the problems and downloaded the files i had saved on my external drive.

I processed the newly downloaded files and was able to process them without any issues. It looks like the files on my hard drive were corrupted, as I was able to process the backed up file without any issues. I've never had an issue like this before and not sure how the files got corrupted, or why only the last 50 or 60 files were corrupted, but i'm glad that my workflow included saving the files downloaded from my CF cards onto separate drives!!!

Sep 28, 2014 at 04:55 PM
noelfoto
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · DPP Processing Issue

Happens to me one time when shooting sRAW. I shoot now full RAW and no problems. Also, if you have a Canon 6D or 5D MKIII, download the new Canon DPP 4.0.1.

Sep 28, 2014 at 08:47 PM
khurram1
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · DPP Processing Issue

noelfoto wrote:
Happens to me one time when shooting sRAW. I shoot now full RAW and no problems. Also, if you have a Canon 6D or 5D MKIII, download the new Canon DPP 4.0.1.

I've never shot sRAW, and this is the first time i had the issue.

I'm getting my new macbook Pro that will have 16gigs of RAM (I currently have 4 gig RAM in my 5 year old Macbook Pro), in about a week. I'm also still running on OSX Lion, so i don't have the horsepower for DPP 4.01. Once i get the new macbook Pro, i'll give DPP 4.0.1 a try.

Sep 29, 2014 at 08:07 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.