Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Salute to Jeter

Tom D
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Salute to Jeter

No photos, just felt compelled to shout out a huge congrats to The Captain, who just a few moments ago provided a fairy tale exclamation point to the final game of his career- a walk off single vs the Orioles.

Awesome finish, amazing career...

Sep 25, 2014 at 09:31 PM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Salute to Jeter

Tom, I'm not a Yankee's fan. I'm a Jeter fan though. And wow, you could not have scripted that anymore perfect, unless he jacked a home run. Just an incredible ending to his career in that stadium.

Matt

Sep 25, 2014 at 11:19 PM
fmrnykr

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Salute to Jeter

The Captain will be missed by many. He's a class act.

Thank you for being true to yourself and your fans.

Bob

Sep 26, 2014 at 01:12 AM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Salute to Jeter

Tom D wrote:
No photos, just felt compelled to shout out a huge congrats to The Captain, who just a few moments ago provided a fairy tale exclamation point to the final game of his career- a walk off single vs the Orioles.

Awesome finish, amazing career...

+1

As a movie script, last night, and his entire life even, would be laughable .

He played the game right.

What a start and what an end.

As for photos, I do have some, but it will take a bit to sort through and get them online.

A magical night from the Nor'easter suddenly breaking up the second he was announced to the sunset and rainbow that appeared behind the parting clouds as he took the field to the shocking blown save by Robertson directly leading to the walk of game winning hit by Jeter! Unreal!

He will be missed. It will be very strange next year.

Sep 26, 2014 at 10:03 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Salute to Jeter

Matt OHarver wrote:
Tom, I'm not a Yankee's fan. I'm a Jeter fan though. And wow, you could not have scripted that anymore perfect, unless he jacked a home run. Just an incredible ending to his career in that stadium.

Matt

He missed a HR in his opening at bat by literally 18 inches at most (and to one of the deepest parts of the park). The double that it was got the Yankees right back in the game.

Sep 26, 2014 at 10:04 PM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Salute to Jeter

I am a Yankee fan and not that I'm biased...but how can any baseball fan not recognize the impact he had on baseball and peoples lives....especially the young kids who looked up to him as a role model. The guy bled baseball and pinstripes. And no matter what it was...it was never about him.

The thing that got me a little choked up was his final victory lap.

And Bob hit is...a Class Act all around.

I was fortunate to have shot him twice....once in spring training 2010 (where we actually chatted for 5 seconds) and last year during his rehab stint with the RailRiders.

Here are 2 shots from last year.....one of him making a young kids day and the other of the famous Jeter smile.

I'll certainly miss seeing him in the Yankee lineup. But the $100,000 question is....who will be the new Yankee captain

Sep 27, 2014 at 06:00 AM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Salute to Jeter

His last game at shortstop:
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3925/15371018192_7aee030a5c_c.jpg

Sep 27, 2014 at 01:22 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.