Feel free to re-work, as always.

Scott

GoetzPhotoz 2014

Sep 22, 2014 at 07:28 PM
Oregon Gal
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Faces in a Crowd

Scott, I really like this one and what a great capture. I don't feel it needs more separation, other than my comment below.

I might bump the contrast of the Zebra's face, especially where the face overlaps the neck to create a touch more separation between the the 2 faces or try a little dodge n burn. I would concentrate my efforts on the Zebra's shadowed area of the face where the stripes run horizontal between the 2 Zebra's faces.

Sep 23, 2014 at 09:23 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Faces in a Crowd

Oregon Gal wrote:
Scott, I really like this one and what a great capture. I don't feel it needs more separation, other than my comment below.

I might bump the contrast of the Zebra's face, especially where the face overlaps the neck to create a touch more separation between the the 2 faces or try a little dodge n burn. I would concentrate my efforts on the Zebra's shadowed area of the face where the stripes run horizontal between the 2 Zebra's faces.

Thanks Barbara. That's the kind of detailed suggestion I can readily apply and sounds like a good move.
Scott

Sep 23, 2014 at 09:31 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Faces in a Crowd

Aside from Barbara's suggestion, I'm stumped. The long road masks the zebras to darken and desaturate the background. Not an easy chore.

Just a thought,

bob

Sep 23, 2014 at 03:19 PM
Photo GeekMan
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Faces in a Crowd

I think more contrast and separation would help bring more focus to the Zebras. And darkening the background would also help. I did a little of that, plus I cropped to 16x9, but that crop would work better with more breathing room on the right to move the Zebra's more to the left in the frame. Lastly, I also tried B&W, which I think helps focus the eye on the Zebras.

I hope this helps.

Color version

B&W version

Bonus square crop because SOMEONE'S going to do it anyway. :D

Sep 23, 2014 at 05:25 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Faces in a Crowd

I like it. Might have benefitted from a shallower DOF to better separate the zebras from the bewildered beasts.

Sep 23, 2014 at 05:43 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Faces in a Crowd

bit more tweaks in "final" version, x-post to Nature and Wildlife
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1320058

Took Barbara's suggestion, PhotoGeekman's advice re contrast, darkening BG. Somehow, not sure how, I shied away from going square!

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Scott

Sep 24, 2014 at 10:16 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.