Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Attaching Flash to Monopod Setups

surftim

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Attaching Flash to Monopod Setups

Looking for advice into setting up my external flash on my monopod for shooting night highschool football games.

I wanted to move the flash below the camera on the tripod, just not sure how to go about doing that.

Sep 22, 2014 at 04:36 PM
andre2112
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Attaching Flash to Monopod Setups

mini friction arm clamp with hot shoe adapter or flex arm to flash. Im not sure you're going to want your flash anywhere near eye level to players. Do a search on Adorama for mini clamp or super clamp ect and youll get lots of ideas

Sep 22, 2014 at 05:56 PM
rdalrt
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Attaching Flash to Monopod Setups

Here is my setup when I used to flash football. Home made bracket out of a piece of flat metal. Mounted with a couple of super clamps. Used phottix odin triggers. Flashes were mounted so I could still rotate the heads for portrait (as shown) or landscape orientations.

I don't use it any longer since I got the 1dx's.

Sep 22, 2014 at 06:26 PM
sleepy717
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Attaching Flash to Monopod Setups

A while back, there was a guy on FM who made a super nice CNC machined anodized, aluminum bracket to attach a flash head to a mono pod. I sent him an email a while back and got no response, so I figured he didn't sell them anymore. I still want one if anyone knows who it was and if they are available.

Sep 22, 2014 at 06:30 PM
bpalermini
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Attaching Flash to Monopod Setups

Here's what I did with about $5 worth of stuff from the hardware store and a OCF cable.

Parts list is two hose clamps, one L bracket, one 1/4" bolt, one 1/4" lock washer and one 1/4" rubber washer.

http://www.palermini.com/Family/Tripod/i-vjfTwgH/1/L/2012-09-01%2009.13.01-L.jpg

http://www.palermini.com/Family/Tripod/i-BD2V7Hx/1/L/2012-09-01%2009.12.53-L.jpg

Sep 22, 2014 at 07:54 PM
surftim

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Attaching Flash to Monopod Setups

Thanks for the responses. Some excellent tips.

Sep 23, 2014 at 11:56 AM
rrtht20
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Attaching Flash to Monopod Setups

I use something similar to this Justin Clamp and it works very well. Quick on and off and move up and down the monopod if I need to.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/349147-REG/Manfrotto_175F_1_175F_Justin_Spring_Clamp.html

Sep 23, 2014 at 12:46 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.