FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Fishing Sequence

shekarn64
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fishing Sequence

Taken this morning on Morgan Falls Lake... Not so great but happy to be there and capture what I could. All hand held with Tamron 150-600.

Looking for Target

Target Identified!

Dive for the Kill

Target missed!

Sep 20, 2014 at 01:58 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fishing Sequence

The first is my pick of the set. Was there a problem tracking?

Morris

Sep 20, 2014 at 06:06 PM
shekarn64
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fishing Sequence

Thanks for the comment Morris. I was not prepared for the shot and had my camera in single shot mode - So I never tried tracking - but the focus was fast on I am still getting used to the big lens. Saw the bird when walking on the trail and just took as single shots.

Sep 21, 2014 at 09:11 AM
sritri
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fishing Sequence

Like the splash How do you like the balance on the combo ?

Sep 21, 2014 at 12:18 PM
shekarn64
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fishing Sequence

Thanks Shrini. The combo is really good. In fact, I don't think is too heavy for me. I just have to practice with more shooting. Haven't used a zoom above 300 so getting the subject in view finder above 400 mm is a real challenge for me!

Sep 22, 2014 at 06:31 AM
Vinnie_VdB
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fishing Sequence

I have seen now on this first page of Wildlife 3 posts (2 persons) with a D810 + Tamron 150-600mm combo and sorry to say not impressed. I did own a D800E and not many photographers can convince me on wildlife with this body (luckily there are exceptions) as it only accept top notch glass.
The Tamron 150-600 is a very very good budget lens and this is exactly the problem, this lens is no match of a pixelmonster like the D810 is. Strange to say perhaps but I believe that this lens would give you on a D7100 much better pictures.
Sorry for being perhaps too hard but only writing wauw and wow does help nobody.
You get there at a certain point, keep up the motivation.

Sep 22, 2014 at 12:42 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.