New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · CANON CPS Repair Warranty or Not Warranty

mikedec
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · CANON CPS Repair Warranty or Not Warranty

I sent in my Canon 5D mark III for what I thought should be a warranty repair. I am a Canon CPS Gold Member.

The rubber around the joystick came off through normal use of the camera.

They replied once they received it with an estimate of repair and said that it was not covered by warranty.

I called and they said I must have dropped the camera to cause the damage and that the particular problem would not be a warranty repair.

I wanted to get opinions on whether or not that should be covered by warranty or If that is something that should not be covered.

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Sep 19, 2014 at 10:29 PM
riokid
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · CANON CPS Repair Warranty or Not Warranty

Check this thread out:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1183370/0?keyword=5d,joystick#11282808

Good luck

Sep 19, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Andrew J
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · CANON CPS Repair Warranty or Not Warranty

CPS Gold member here also and I have delt with them not honoring recalls. After several calls they normally change their tune but it is a pain.

Sep 20, 2014 at 07:48 AM
Chris B.
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · CANON CPS Repair Warranty or Not Warranty

While I have not had that particular issue, I have experienced issues with CPS periodically. But I have found that what one service center finds issue with, another fixes it without question.

I use the Canon center in Jamesburg, NJ at least once a year, and a few years ago, they wouldn't repair a warranty issue. I called Canon Irvine, and they said it they would take care of it... and they did! I still had to pay for shipping but it was worth it.

You would think that ALL the service centers would respond the same way but it doesn't happen... good luck!

Sep 20, 2014 at 08:03 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.