New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Processing 7D2 raw files

EGrav
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Processing 7D2 raw files

Perfect Photo Suite 8.5 will open 7D2 raws.
I made no adjustments, then saved as psd. Opened in Photoshop, made no adjustments except to add a noise filter.
Each noise filter was used at their default settings. Neat Image seemed to do the best, followed by Noiseware. DFine and Topaz DeNoise were also-rans.

I was not very optimistic but then was pleasantly surprised! So far I've done the above on the 800, 1600, 3200 and 6400 iso files. They look very good! The noise is different than the 7D (which I have) and much softer. Tweaking the noise reduction, esp with Neat Image, should give some excellent results. I don't have a 70D so I can't compare.
If the production models are even just a little better than this pre-production model, this should be a very capable camera. And of course, the improved AF, exposure, etc. are a separate issue.

Noise tolerance is subjective and I don't like noise. So don't jump me if you disagree. : ) I will try to get some samples up when I finish the other raw files.
E

PS raw files were from imaging-resource.com

Sep 18, 2014 at 08:35 PM
mmurph
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Processing 7D2 raw files

Thanks!! I was wondering what to do with the Imaging Resource Raw files.

I was a studio shooter for many years, and I also hate, hate, hate noise! I am so used to shooting at ISO 100.

ISO 3200 on a 6D was pretty decent to me however. If I could get a usable 3200 out of the 7DII I would be very happy. I shoot a lot of events wide open at 2.8 on the 24-70 II and 70-200 II.

Here's hoping ...

Sep 18, 2014 at 09:42 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.