New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · 3rd Party Flash For D3300

JulioY
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 3rd Party Flash For D3300

I don't do a lot of fancy flash photography, so, I'm looking for a good quality 3rd party flash to extend beyond the on-camera flash. I'd like to tilt and swivel, maybe have some control of the output. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Sep 17, 2014 at 09:51 PM
Lauchlan Toal
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 3rd Party Flash For D3300

If you want control over output, you're in luck - the cheapest flashes are all manual. If you don't mind loosing TTL, the Yongnuo YN-560 iii is the flash I use (I have 3) and love. Cheap, durable, and all I need. However, if you want TTL, you need to get a pericier model. I'm not sure what's availible, but I know Neewer has a new one that's supposedly decent, and Yongnuo has at least one. With TTL flashes, you can also set them manually if the camera's not exposing properly.

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:00 PM
JulioY
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 3rd Party Flash For D3300

Thank you! I was wondering if like Vivitar or Sunpak might have something. Also, now, I'm going to research third party batteries--trying to find a really good one. Any suggestions?

Sep 18, 2014 at 01:32 PM
chuhsi1
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 3rd Party Flash For D3300

I use a couple Yongnuo YN-560 II manual flashes with yongnuo triggers.

Sep 18, 2014 at 02:53 PM
John Skinner
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 3rd Party Flash For D3300

The Yongnuo is a nice deal. I know people that swear by them and use the entire lot of kit from them. Myself, I've gone to another brand by Nissin Di866 dual tube model. LINK ----> http://tinyurl.com/qyvesmx

It has an optical slave, works WITH Nikon's triggering system, upgradeable firmware, LCD with auto-rotate, TTL and all the features I can ask for, and it's been tough as dirt. Dropped, kicked, left outside in a cold Canadian -24 Winter overnight.. Not a blip. Although I don't use handheld flashes too darn much. When I do it's 75% of the time with a Quantum T5Dr with XWire components. The D866 works well for me on fill flashes with that optical slave... I wish more makers would incorporate this feature into their models.

Sep 18, 2014 at 07:39 PM
Ryder
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 3rd Party Flash For D3300

Check out the Neewer TT850 too.

Cheers,

Sep 18, 2014 at 08:21 PM
rwingsfan
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 3rd Party Flash For D3300

I bought this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GE4MNQA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and it seems to serve my purpose well.

Sep 18, 2014 at 09:55 PM
jbouchard
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 3rd Party Flash For D3300

There is a Sunpak DF3000 they sell at Walmart which has Nikon iTTL, tilt and swing (there is a Canon one too). I got one, it works fine. I paid $60, now they are like $47. It has a set of red LED's for focus assist, which does a good job, but I thought it was a little obnoxious, so I put tape over it.

I don't use it much, if you want it for $40 shipped and paypalled, PM me.

Sep 19, 2014 at 06:31 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.