FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · New to photography need some advice

dhphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · New to photography need some advice

atg2934 wrote:
dhphoto - As I said I do graphic design for my real estate agent. She is a high end luxury agent and I do indeed create glossy brochures for her. We've been running into an issue lately with the guy who is currently taking the shots. So much so that these issues are bleeding over into my work. This is why I am purchasing this type of camera.

I hate to say it but I'd be considering a Nikon then and a 14-24.

Sep 17, 2014 at 01:20 PM
atg2934

p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · New to photography need some advice

Spent all day on this (again) and I've come to the conclusion that the 10-18mm is definitely one of the lenses to purchase, the other is the 18-135mm. I think that they will give me a good starting point to work with and I can move on from there.

The 70D was suggested vs the 7D and I believe that might be the route to go again to start off and then move up from there. Interestingly I just saw the post about the T3i so I've been looking some more.....*sigh*

Much difference between the T3i to the T5i vs the 70D?

Sep 17, 2014 at 01:48 PM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · New to photography need some advice

atg2934 wrote:
Spent all day on this (again) and I've come to the conclusion that the 10-18mm is definitely one of the lenses to purchase, the other is the 18-135mm. I think that they will give me a good starting point to work with and I can move on from there.

The 70D was suggested vs the 7D and I believe that might be the route to go again to start off and then move up from there. Interestingly I just saw the post about the T3i so I've been looking some more.....*sigh*

Much difference between the T3i to the T5i vs the 70D?

Neither of these will fit a full frame camera or have you now decided on a crop camera after all you were saying about needing very high image quality?

The 10-18 isn't even the best Canon EF-S ultrawide, that would be the 10-22

Sep 17, 2014 at 01:53 PM
atg2934

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · New to photography need some advice

I am trying to keep my budget in mind and not break the bank right out of the starting gate. If this doesn't work out for me then I haven't spent a gross amount and if it does then I have room to upgrade as time goes on. I did some research on the 10-18mm and actually from several different reputable sources they are saying hands down that it is better than the 10-22mm.

This is what Ken Rockwell had to say:
The Canon 10-18mm IS STM is the world's first reasonably-priced ultrawide lens. It works only on Canon's APS-C digital cameras.

Not only is it the world's least expensive, it's super light weight, and is also optically superb. There is no sharper ultrawide lens for APS-C cameras, and it's much better than Canon's 10-year-old EF-S 10-22mm that costs over twice as much!

This new 10-18mm lens also adds Image Stabilization (IS), a first from Canon in any ultrawide.

This 10-18mm also adds Canon's Stepper Autofocus Motor (STM) for faster AF with video.

Sep 17, 2014 at 02:02 PM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · New to photography need some advice

You might want to Google what people say about Rockwell's reviews.

Good luck in your hunt

Sep 17, 2014 at 02:04 PM
atg2934

p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · New to photography need some advice

His wasn't the only review I saw on the two lenses.

Sep 17, 2014 at 02:14 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · New to photography need some advice

You will need either a fast wide lens, a body with great high ISO performance and/or great DR - or both of these. the 10-22 is not a fast lens by any stretch. You will be surprised at how high you will be bumping up the ISO even with "good" lighting..

Sep 17, 2014 at 08:23 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.