Exif seems to be disappearing again.
Canon 5D Mk II, 24-105L @84 mm. 1/1500s, f4.5, ISO 400

GoetzPhotoz 2014

Sep 14, 2014 at 06:29 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Attention!

Clone the offending blades, otherwise I think it as a mature image. No point in amping-up things with resulting harshness, edge artifacts, and all the other attendant image degradation.

EXIF - I've noticed that Exif on occasion does not display (under frame) when exiting and returning to the same thread. Also when editing and adding images. Only way I could obtain normal behavior was to exit FM and log back in.

Bob

Sep 14, 2014 at 06:58 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Attention!

Exif is back ... comes & goes for me too, so

Given the rhythm of the subject(s) is integral to the comp ... the blade interrupts the rhythm a bit. For that reason, clone would probably be my choice.

Sep 14, 2014 at 07:01 PM
Oregon Gal
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Attention!

I agree with the majority that cloning the blade of grass would improve an already excellent image.

Edited on Sep 14, 2014 at 11:28 PM · View previous versions

Sep 14, 2014 at 07:53 PM
andrewsk
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Attention!

Im wondering what you think of this idea. What you currently have is a pretty standard, well composed Africa shot.

What if you were to darken the right hand side of the image with a grad of some sort that they are looking into.

They are on alert and we wonder what they are looking it. It think this makes it a bit more ominous and adds some mood.

My edit is rushed, but you see my meaning...?

Sep 14, 2014 at 08:48 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Attention!

Cloned out the most offending blades.
I agree this is a "nice", "mature" image, predominantly documentary, nothing special.
Andrew: thanks for your efforts to add more interest.

Scott

Sep 15, 2014 at 09:03 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Attention!

A crop & some color tweaks and selective USM. Some really nice oblique lighting from the left in this one (tried to accentuate it a bit). Kinda interesting that they are facing away from the light.

I like the clouds in the sky, but they are so far away from the subject that they pull me up quite a bit. Thought about cloning some clouds down into the lower sky, but that is an integrity to the scene change, so I didn't ... leaving such things to artistic license of Scott.

Edited on Sep 15, 2014 at 10:29 AM · View previous versions

Sep 15, 2014 at 09:50 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Attention!

I was wondering about tighter, more pano cropping.

Sep 15, 2014 at 09:59 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Attention!

sbeme wrote:
I was wondering about tighter, more pano cropping.

I think it goes okay along with the "lineup" arrangement they are in.

The action is left to right, the lighting is left to right, the lineup is left to right ... why not make the crop left to right? That's where the clouds (sacrificial loss) kinda departed for me @ pulling us up bottom to top. Maybe a little looser, and with some lower clouds would be my pref, but nature doesn't always give us what we'd like.

Looks like I'm a bit halo/crunchy in a few areas on the resize, but you get the gist.

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:04 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Attention!

I like Scotts second (cloned version) and Kents. Andrews is pretty good too but seems dark fro Africa (unless its the heart)

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:24 AM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Attention!

To my eyes, the principle problem is the impalas' gaze leads the eye to the tall brush which visually acts as wall, stopping the eye without giving the eye something of interest.

Sep 15, 2014 at 03:18 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Attention!

AuntiPode wrote:
To my eyes, the principle problem is the impalas' gaze leads the eye to the tall brush which visually acts as wall, stopping the eye without giving the eye something of interest.

yup.

Sep 15, 2014 at 04:25 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.