Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Soccer: FC Edmonton v Indy Eleven

schlotz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Soccer: FC Edmonton v Indy Eleven

Different assignment last night, I positioned myself at mid-field (which is NOT my favorite position) on my butt. Won't go into the difficulties this position presents to capturing action but suffice it to say it's humbling
The assignment was to get our goalie in action plus what ever else. Results, most opportunities were blocked by players but that's expected.
So it looks like the assignment is going to continue

Regardless here are a few from last night's match which was a good game although ending in a 1:1 tie. Plenty more on the website. C&C is always welcome, so have at it.

Matt

1. This little one was adorable

2. Kristian Nicht almost making the save

3. Edmonton's John Smits (23)

4. JJ(IND) fighting for it with Watson(FCE)

5. Hlavaty(FCE) gaining control

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Kenneth Farver
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Soccer: FC Edmonton v Indy Eleven

Really Love 3 & 4, thanks for sharing!

Sep 14, 2014 at 12:17 PM
flyfishertoo
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Soccer: FC Edmonton v Indy Eleven

Great action shots as always Matt. I looked at your web site, and you got quite of few of Kristian in action.

Some good shots too of Cory Miller who looks to me to be a great addition to the defense.

I watched from home last night, and we thought that was you at the midfield. I was wondering why you were there instead of at your normal positions.

Don

Sep 14, 2014 at 12:43 PM
TSpyers
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Soccer: FC Edmonton v Indy Eleven

Matt -- some nice shots. Love the action in #4! May just be me, but it looks like that one could use a little color correction? An assignment of getting "goalies in action" without other players; that's a tough one. I have had decent luck with a 200 or 300 on and hanging around the top of the box (18-25 yds)...just throwing it out in case it helps.

Tim

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:15 AM
schlotz
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Soccer: FC Edmonton v Indy Eleven

TSpyers wrote:
Matt -- some nice shots. Love the action in #4! May just be me, but it looks like that one could use a little color correction? An assignment of getting "goalies in action" without other players; that's a tough one. I have had decent luck with a 200 or 300 on and hanging around the top of the box (18-25 yds)...just throwing it out in case it helps.

Tim

Tim,

A-ha, you were right. I missed correcting this one, damn cycling lights Below is a corrected one, better? Yeah, we discussed location for the assignment and were wanting a sharper more direct on set of captures. Of course that just makes getting goods one even more difficult Your suggested position is exactly where I'll re-set for the next go around. One end is always better and hopefully I can get it done there, as the other has to deal with the side ref getting in the way.

Thanks for stopping by Tim!
Matt

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:56 AM
schlotz
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Soccer: FC Edmonton v Indy Eleven

flyfishertoo wrote:
Great action shots as always Matt. I looked at your web site, and you got quite of few of Kristian in action.

Some good shots too of Cory Miller who looks to me to be a great addition to the defense.

I watched from home last night, and we thought that was you at the midfield. I was wondering why you were there instead of at your normal positions.

Don

Hi Don,

Yeah we got a few of Kristian but I'm still not satisfied so the assignment will continue. Cory is producing right out of the gate. They hopefully are very pleased with his contribution. Our defense needs the help.
Thanks for stopping by!

BTW: how did the grand daughter shoot go?

Matt

Sep 15, 2014 at 11:03 AM
TSpyers
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Soccer: FC Edmonton v Indy Eleven

Matt -- that one looks better! Cycling lights just stink! Good luck, at least you get a little more freedom to pick since you don't have to contend with keeping the sun at your back! Gotta find a positive right!

Tim

Sep 15, 2014 at 11:39 AM
schlotz
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Soccer: FC Edmonton v Indy Eleven

Actually, the sun is a problem for the first 15-20 minutes. Field runs East-West and the SE corner really sucks during this time. As we get later into the season I expect it will be fine given the 7:30pm start time.

Matt

Sep 15, 2014 at 11:42 AM
flyfishertoo
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Soccer: FC Edmonton v Indy Eleven

schlotz wrote:
Hi Don,

Yeah we got a few of Kristian but I'm still not satisfied so the assignment will continue. Cory is producing right out of the gate. They hopefully are very pleased with his contribution. Our defense needs the help.
Thanks for stopping by!

BTW: how did the grand daughter shoot go?

Matt

Not nearly as successful as your photos of the Eleven, or HS soccer, or...you get the idea. Still struggling with the focus. The granddaughter playing sat for quite a bit of the game, so I tried some photos of her baby sister. Several photos, where the focus point is right on her eye, and the point lit in red, and yet she is out of focus. Still blaming the problem on user error.

I really appreciate your help and suggestions.

Don

Sep 15, 2014 at 07:17 PM
schlotz
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Soccer: FC Edmonton v Indy Eleven

Do you know if this body had its AF mechanism looked at by Canon for the known AF problems?

Sep 15, 2014 at 08:34 PM
flyfishertoo
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Soccer: FC Edmonton v Indy Eleven

schlotz wrote:
Do you know if this body had its AF mechanism looked at by Canon for the known AF problems?

I sent it to Canon just after I bought it. They sent it back saying that the known issues had been corrected along with a few other adjustments.

Sep 16, 2014 at 02:55 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.