New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Options for Reliably controlling camera settings remotely

newusaa
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Options for Reliably controlling camera settings remotely

I am needing to control camera settings remotely in the near future. I fully understand the benefits of a camrangerer, but was hoping to discuss other options, especially with the release of the d750 with built in wifi.

What are my options if I were to purchase a d750? From what I can gather, you download the nikon app, then you can simply control the shutter and view the camera's screen on your device. I want to be able to control settings like shutter speed though. Is it highly likey nikon will write an app soon with more functionality?

I also read this from the nikon website....

"For faster wireless transfers, transmit images over FTP using the WT-5A Wireless Transmitter + UT-1 Communication Unit. (Advanced shooters can use a web browser on a smartphone or tablet in HTTP mode to operate camera controls and begin Live View shooting.)"

Yet those units look like they are around 1000 dollars. Is that part in the parenthesis referring to those transmitter and communication units though? I think so. I don't care at all about transferring images anywhere except for live view on the device.

I also read about the free dslr dashboard, but it may not be reliable enough for my needs was my concern, that's why I'm more interested in a nikon based option. Is camranger, or these other expensive nikon units my only hope to control camera settings remotely?

Any advice or options appreciated.

Sep 13, 2014 at 10:42 AM
newusaa
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Options for Reliably controlling camera settings remotely

Sorry to bump my own topic, but if you don't want to read that long winded version up top.....

Is there a way to take advantage of the new d750's built in wifi to control the camera settings remotely, without buying the 1000 dollar nikon units?

I was also kinda curious if I was forced into buying a camranger for remote camera adjustments, will I still need to attach their hardware, or can the cameras own built in wifi be used?

Thanks.

Sep 14, 2014 at 03:57 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.