Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

Archive 2014 · If you were getting married today....

BKphotography
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · If you were getting married today....

I would get my old boss to shoot mine.

He would do it for cheap and get drunk with my friends and hardly take any photos of my wife and I together.

Wait... that already happened!

Sep 13, 2014 at 05:02 AM
McGrattan
• • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · If you were getting married today....

Kai !!!

Sep 13, 2014 at 06:55 AM
RichardLavigne
• • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · If you were getting married today....

truehuss wrote:
Its comments like this that kind of annoy me. No disrespect Rich but your comments are unnecessary. I (and I don't think you were talking to me but because I picked "names" I feel compelled to speak) wouldn't be picking those above photographers based on their names...Its their work. Period. I don't know how many of those photographers (the ones I chose anyway) know their clients personally but their work is impeccable & consistent all the time. I personally don't think it matters that you are besties with your clients (I mean, how many of you really are, seriously?) if
...Show more

Damn bro... relax. I'm not hating on anyone and I'm not knocking anyone for choosing a "name" photographer. I simply stated why I'd choose the people I wanted to choose. I really do believe that there's something to be said for developing a relationship with your couples... I know not everyone feels this way and that is fine, but its how we feel and we'd choose out photographer accordingly. I've spent time with all of the people I've listed.. I've been to their homes, I've met their families, they've met our family and been in our home. I think there's something to be said for that comfort and that trust. I think that Ben and Erin are awesome photographers and they're pretty rad people too... a long time ago, I actually got Ben to come on here and chime in on a post or two... I'm not sure if you were around back then or not.

There are many different styles in wedding photography and I believe 100% that couples should be hiring you because they WANT.. no NEED your style. I would take same belief if given the task of choosing someone to shoot our wedding. They can create amazing images that are award winning... that's all well and good but on my wedding day, I want someone that I think will capture my wife and I, not be worried about impressing a bunch of other photographers. That's all man.

Keep in mind that all of the people I listed have won their fair share of awards too... the shark reflection comment was an inside joke that has to do with Fearless... if you're involved with Fearless, you might get it or you might not, I don't know.

Sep 13, 2014 at 09:08 AM
nopriors

p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · If you were getting married today....

If I were getting married, I would ask one of my friends to shoot me.

Sep 13, 2014 at 09:22 AM
skg photos

p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · If you were getting married today....

Either Ben & Carolyn Godkin, Stacy Reeves, or Dylan & Sarah

Sep 13, 2014 at 07:02 PM
jamesmorophoto
• • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · If you were getting married today....

Two Mann, Davina & Daniel, or someone from Chrisman Studios.

Sep 13, 2014 at 07:22 PM
joshua grasso
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · If you were getting married today....

Scott Mosher wrote:
Myself. Selfies all day long.

I tried to sell that idea to my wife...almost bought it

Sep 13, 2014 at 08:56 PM
arcer63
• •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · If you were getting married today....

Tony Hoffer, I haven't been around that much lately, but i see his work on my facebook feed and it is just astounding sometimes.

Sep 13, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Tom Dix
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · If you were getting married today....

Bruce MacNeil; nolo contendere

Sep 13, 2014 at 10:45 PM
sboerup
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · If you were getting married today....

Jeff Ambrose most likely. I wouldn't want the photos to be about me, but the environment and surroundings, and I've always loved his stuff.

Sep 14, 2014 at 12:06 AM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · If you were getting married today....

truehuss wrote:
Damn dude, get over it already.
Just because people don't have the same philosophy as you doesn't mean you need to keep harping on it.

You sound like a hater...and haters are usually jealous. You gotta remember the people you are talking about are people like The Chrismans, TwoMann, etc...have you seen their work? Its beautiful and acclaimed for a reason. They're really, really good (and NOT only in epic shots but moments that matter). You on the other hand hide your work and talk like your the king of photography and can only respect your way and no one
...Show more

You already responded.

Clearly the irony of you complaining about someone else comments who you don't agree with and put you in the same catergory as those you lambast are lost on you.

" Hater". One of the most moronic terms ever coined for the defense of anything that disagrees with one's own or the collective mentality. Makes me laugh every time I hear it.

I guess we are all supposed to " Love" everything are we?

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:09 AM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · If you were getting married today....

ShaneMD wrote:
I'd choose Doug or Keith. I really am comfortable with those guys and although they are quite different I'd be excited to see the images.

This is way to flattering. Seriously.
With that said. If we both shot it the set would be amazing because Keith could do his thing and I could do my thing and that would be so cool.

Sep 14, 2014 at 09:04 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · If you were getting married today....

this is actually kinda funny...
I would hire Evan Baines again.
If I was wealthy I would would also have Chuck and Merkle along

Sep 14, 2014 at 09:07 PM
bthatton
• • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · If you were getting married today....

I would like the love child of Pete Souza and Jose Villa to shoot my wedding.

Sep 14, 2014 at 10:06 PM
dkmiles1
• • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · If you were getting married today....

Hoffer's or Cliff Mautner.... I've admired both of their work for years, creative and consistent! Must be something in the water in Philly...

Sep 14, 2014 at 10:20 PM
BostonGreg
• • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · If you were getting married today....

Two Mann, JP Elario or Hoffer

Sep 15, 2014 at 12:21 AM
maxwell1295
• • • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · If you were getting married today....

I'd hire a hitman to take me out before I got a chance to say 'I do', so I'd be looking for a good PJ who wouldn't be phased by splattered blood. I'm thinking Evan Baines would be the man for the job.

Sep 15, 2014 at 07:43 AM
Prettym1k3
• • • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · If you were getting married today....

I have a million people I'd love to shoot our wedding (errr... vow renewal, if we ever do one).

But honestly, Mr. Armageddon Voltron of Awesomeness has always been top of my list. Jeff Newsom.

Sep 15, 2014 at 01:20 PM
rondphoto
• • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · If you were getting married today....

I'm in this exact position and chose a photog from Houston to fly out to where I'm getting married next year.

I thought about asking here on FM, but after reading so many snarky comments from some of the folks here, I'd be afraid of ending up with a diva photog who was rude to my guests.

Sep 15, 2014 at 08:11 PM
Joseph.
• • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · If you were getting married today....

First off, I'll book trenchmonkey so he can shoot candids and BIF while birds fly above me and my bride. He will be shooting with the D7K and 300/4 SOOC handheld.

Main photog will be Prettym1ke, but that's after he gets back his D4 from NPS.

Then I will have Jason_Brook, Hijazist, and Hardcore doing all the PJ work. They will be shooting with 58 1.4G, 200 f/2 and 300 2.8VR.... on a Df.

CGrindahl and Leighton W will be my video guys. They will be shooting with D750's with Manual Focus Nikkor Glass.

Andre Labonte will be outside shooting late guests with the 7D Mark II (because we didn't get a D400 from Nikon). When he feels like it, he's welcome to come inside and shoot the wedding whenever he wants.

I'll also hire Steve Perry and Kerry Pierce to shoot the landscape part of the wedding. You know, the location shoot and all that.

KittyK will be our wedding coordinator.

Free beer for everyone!!

Sep 15, 2014 at 09:09 PM
1       2      
       4       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.