1       2       3              12      
       end

Archive 2014 · Leaked 7DM2 Specs

ggreene
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #1 · p.13 #1 · Leaked 7DM2 Specs

skibum5 wrote:
I still find it (5D4) too hard to believe they won't give it 4k.

Who knows. We weren't sure up until yesterday what the specs on the 7D2 were. The last rumor I read on a 5D4 was maybe an announcement in March 2015. You have months and months to go with rampant speculation if that rumor comes to fruition.

Sep 16, 2014 at 01:19 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.13 #2 · p.13 #2 · Leaked 7DM2 Specs

skibum5 wrote:
I still find it (5D4) too hard to believe they won't give it 4k.

I think you'll be disappointed. If we are lucky the 1D X2 might get it but Canon don't see it as a consumer feature yet. Possibly they also think given how few people have 4K monitors/TV they might think it's still another-23 years from being mainstream enough to warrant. Nikon hasn't got it and Sony only offers it in A7S which only records 4K but requires external device for output, which is cumbersome.

Sep 16, 2014 at 01:19 AM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.13 #3 · p.13 #3 · Leaked 7DM2 Specs

Pixel Perfect wrote:
I think you'll be disappointed. If we are lucky the 1D X2 might get it but Canon don't see it as a consumer feature yet. Possibly they also think given how few people have 4K monitors/TV they might think it's still another-23 years from being mainstream enough to warrant. Nikon hasn't got it and Sony only offers it in A7S which only records 4K but requires external device for output, which is cumbersome.

That really would be a shame.

I have a feeling I might not be getting even the 5D4. I've gotten the 20D,40D,50D,7D,5D2,5D3. But I may finally quit.

And I mean seriously if the 5D4 doesn't get 4k what the heck will it offer over a 5D3+ML when it comes to video? Who would buy it for video? I guess it has DPAF, which is nice, but that's it.

If it lacks 4k and also lacks exmor-like sensor I have a feeling they will finally notice a significant drop off in sales and that I won't be the only one to skip it.

Even if you don't have a 4k screen now, why not film in 4k now so when you do get one in a couple years all that stuff will have awesome detail? Plus 4k scaled to 1080p gives you 1080p with actual detail instead of Canon waxworks 1080p so evne with just a 1080p screen it looks much better. You can also use it as a 2x zoom on 1080p.

All Canon wants to do is sit back and milk old tech and be a total follower. The old Canon is gone.

Sep 16, 2014 at 02:44 AM
dolina
• • • •
p.13 #4 · p.13 #4 · Leaked 7DM2 Specs

I think 4K resolution video will only take off for the following reasons

- Price
- Content

So I give it... a good 1 decade before most people are on 4K this and 4K that.

Sep 16, 2014 at 04:28 AM
bobbyboy uk

p.13 #5 · p.13 #5 · Leaked 7DM2 Specs

Still way too early for 4k , 99.99% of people cant play it at default resolution, im tech savvy i dont even have a 4k monitor or 4k tv , no broadcaster does 4k stuff yet in the uk, sky tv dont even output 1080p.

I think the mk2 is a very nice camera indeed, im sure it will sell well, no flip screen or wi fi, two things i find pretty useless on a dlsr if im being honest. gps is a nice touch.

The auto focus on it looks brilliant, quite a large buffer, id like to know how fast it can clear the buffer with a super fast cf card.

A great camera for people who like action, birding etc.

Sep 16, 2014 at 05:13 AM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.13 #6 · p.13 #6 · Leaked 7DM2 Specs

skibum5 wrote:
I have a feeling I might not be getting even the 5D4. I've gotten the 20D,40D,50D,7D,5D2,5D3. But I may finally quit.

If 4K video is your deciding point on a purchase then I would begin looking elsewhere right now. We have no idea when the 5D4 is coming out. It could be a long time and thats just wasted opportunities that you could be shooting 4K video in. Seriously, it's nice to have brand loyalty but if your priority feature is elsewhere that's where you go. Time and opportunities while waiting for something better are gone forever.

Sep 16, 2014 at 06:40 AM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.13 #7 · p.13 #7 · Leaked 7DM2 Specs

ggreene wrote:
If 4K video is your deciding point on a purchase then I would begin looking elsewhere right now. We have no idea when the 5D4 is coming out. It could be a long time and thats just wasted opportunities that you could be shooting 4K video in. Seriously, it's nice to have brand loyalty but if your priority feature is elsewhere that's where you go. Time and opportunities while waiting for something better are gone forever.

I don't know too much about video (a feature I couldn't care less about in digital cameras), but I believe the Sony A7S already has 4K video (edit: already mentioned above). I agree here with ggreene that depending on needs it is better to look elsewhere than waiting and being likely disappointed later. As long as you don't rely on fast AF, you can use all your EF lenses on Sony mirrorless bodies for example. Diversification in camera gear is key to get most out of it nowadays.

Sep 16, 2014 at 06:53 AM
mjphoto2013

p.13 #8 · p.13 #8 · Leaked 7DM2 Specs

Hmmm...wonder what the folks at Magic Lantern can come up with.

Sep 16, 2014 at 02:06 PM
kezeka
• • • •
p.13 #9 · p.13 #9 · Leaked 7DM2 Specs

mjphoto2013 wrote:
Hmmm...wonder what the folks at Magic Lantern can come up with.

Probably something brilliant that Canon should have implemented by now . It's their way!

Sep 16, 2014 at 02:06 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.13 #10 · p.13 #10 · Leaked 7DM2 Specs

dolina wrote:
I think 4K resolution video will only take off for the following reasons

- Price
- Content

So I give it... a good 1 decade before most people are on 4K this and 4K that.

I think it will be sooner. The HDTV makers have a roadmap and it says that they will stop production of sub-4k screens within 3 years for the most part.

Anyway, if you shoot 4k now, then when you finally do get a 4k screen, you suddenly see everything so much more clearly.

And even for now, 4k downscaled to 1080p utterly blows away mushy Canon 1080p footage, you'd see a lot more detail and fine texture even on a 1080p screen.

Sep 16, 2014 at 02:12 PM
mikeengles
• • •
p.13 #11 · p.13 #11 · Leaked 7DM2 Specs

Hello

Now here's a thought. Could the 7D2 with GPs run a SATNAV app? That way if you lose yourself in the canyons, the SATNAV would guide you home!
Get working you firmware and App coders. Also I am sure that WIFI is actually already on a chip in the camera and could be turned on with a firmware upgrade.

Mike Engles

Sep 16, 2014 at 02:17 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.