FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Big Run

quickking
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Big Run

Here is a waterfall along Big Run, a tributary of Blackwater River in Blackwater Falls State Park, West Virginia. I had hoped for a little more water but you have to work with what you have.

Kevin

Big Run by quickking, on Flickr

Edited on Sep 10, 2014 at 02:47 PM · View previous versions

Sep 10, 2014 at 09:16 AM
vegashot

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Big Run

awesome pic, i like it

Sep 10, 2014 at 10:41 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Big Run

Hey Kevin,

What a really cool shot. Wonderfully composed and exposed! The flow of the water is sweet in this and I really like the multiple paths the eye can follow in this. Really well done!

Jim

Sep 10, 2014 at 12:43 PM
jeetsukumaran
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Big Run

The eye runs around the frame following all the paths of the flow like a car on a racetrack. Love it!

Sep 10, 2014 at 02:48 PM
dsjtecserv
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Big Run

This is really nice, Kevin. So many paths to follow. That actually looks like a decent flow for this time of year. It served well to create individual strands on the falls. I many times prefer that to a fuller flow.

And now you've got me kicking myself for not having made it around to the Backbone Mountain side yet.

Dave

Sep 10, 2014 at 08:19 PM
quickking
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Big Run

dsjtecserv wrote:
This is really nice, Kevin. So many paths to follow. That actually looks like a decent flow for this time of year. It served well to create individual strands on the falls. I many times prefer that to a fuller flow.

And now you've got me kicking myself for not having made it around to the Backbone Mountain side yet.

Dave

Thanks Dave. It's worth the trip when the water is up. I'm hoping next month will be nice.

Thanks very much everyone for the comments.

Sep 19, 2014 at 08:11 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.