FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Moved to Arizona | New Landscape

Paul.K
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Moved to Arizona | New Landscape

I moved to Arizona last summer and have been able to visit lots of great places to take photos. Loving this state.

1. Horseshoe Bend

2. Sedona, AZ:

3. Grand Canyon

Edited on Sep 10, 2014 at 01:54 AM

Sep 10, 2014 at 01:34 AM
John Zeman
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Moved to Arizona | New Landscape

Nice work Paul. Just to throw in my 2 cents worth....
#1 is nice although the sky looks a bit oversaturated, could just be the effect of the vignetting though.
#2 is sweet, I'd probably crop it down a bit more.
#3 is superb, I'll be at the Grand Canyon 2 months from now, I'd love to get a shot like yours.

Sep 10, 2014 at 08:53 AM
astro-ep
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Moved to Arizona | New Landscape

Great shots. My Daughter's going to ASU, so I've had the opportunity to shoot a little of Az also.

Thanks for sharing,

Eric

Sep 10, 2014 at 09:05 AM
JohnC
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Moved to Arizona | New Landscape

Love number 2 and 3, you captured the look and feel of Sedona very well. The sky is overcooked for my taste in number 1.

Sep 10, 2014 at 10:43 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Moved to Arizona | New Landscape

Hey Paul,

Very cool shots here. The foreground in #1 seems a bit too bright compared to the sky which the vignetting in it causes it to then be darker even. So maybe less vignetting, or darken the foreground a bit. I like #2, though it seems to have just a bit of a yellow cast to it. But still cool. #3 is a really sweet shot of the Grand Canyon. What trail is that?

Jim

Sep 10, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Rohanban
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Moved to Arizona | New Landscape

I love #1 and #3. Like everyone else you should touch up the vignetting in PP.

Sep 10, 2014 at 03:01 PM
Chuck Eklund
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Moved to Arizona | New Landscape

I really like your 3rd shot. Looks like the Kabob to me. A tough trail going down or up. It makes my legs hurt jus to look at it.

Chuck

Sep 10, 2014 at 03:55 PM
Sneakyracer
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Moved to Arizona | New Landscape

Paul.K wrote:
I moved to Arizona last summer and have been able to visit lots of great places to take photos. Loving this state.

1. Horseshoe Bend
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5586/14692072016_e73c2df9be_b.jpg

This shot is stunning. With a bit more care and tweaking in post production it can be improved but the elements are there for a truly successful print.

Sep 10, 2014 at 04:55 PM
alatoo60
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Moved to Arizona | New Landscape

Hello, neighbor
Where in Arizona are you?
I like all thee shots. First one is night time, I guess, but does not look like one. Maybe decreasing brightness will help.

Sasha.

Sep 10, 2014 at 06:10 PM
Paul.K
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Moved to Arizona | New Landscape

Man, I need to post my work more often. Lots of good feedback. Thanks

1. The shot is actually a panorama so the vignette is likely caused by the auto-blend function of Photoshop. Regardless of the cause, I can apply a gradient to fix it but I'll definitely tone down the saturation (and get rid of the ugly yellow clouds). The foreground was brightened as you guys caught. I reprocessed the image below incorporating the suggestions:

2. Good call on cropping it a bit. Jim, is the cast too yellowy (vs. golden)? It was shot during sunset. It looks a little green tinted to me now but it sort of looks how my mind remembers it.

3. Glad the third photo is well-received. That was from this past weekend from camping in the canyon. This is from about 1/3 of the way to the bottom on Bright Angel Trail at around 7am a bit after sunrise. It rained the previous day so things were contrasty. I'm still sore from hiking out with 40 lbs. This was definitely a picture to highlight the "trail" from the trip to remember all the hiking.

Hi Sasha, I'm in Phoenix.

http://i.imgur.com/NuR3Aa0.jpg

Sep 11, 2014 at 01:30 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.