Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Canon Rain Cover

Blake.Kinder
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon Rain Cover

Hi all,

Are there any Canon Sports shooters who have used the rain cover that they make available?
http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/product-accessories/eos-digital-slr-camera-accessories/eos-tripods-other-accessories/eos-rain-cover-small-erc-e4s

I'm interested in any feedback (positive or negative) that anyone could provide.

Thanks for your time!

-Blake

Sep 09, 2014 at 10:07 AM
ian408
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon Rain Cover

I have a Lightware RC110. Covers from 300-600mm lenses and drapes a bit farther down the back of the camera (I use it mostly with a 500mm). No clear rear. I'm almost positive it would work with a 70-200 though haven't ever tried it.

Sep 09, 2014 at 11:23 AM
James Broome
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon Rain Cover

Sorry - can't help. I actually use the exact same Lightware cover as Ian.

Sep 09, 2014 at 04:00 PM
Therese Lombar

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon Rain Cover

I just bought this exact rain cover but have not had a chance to use it. I asked about preferences on a motorsports group and Halston Pitman with Motorsports Media said this was what he uses. There was a conversation on this sports forum and many went with Think Tank products but the Canon cover saved me a few dollars.

Sep 09, 2014 at 04:10 PM
Jonah

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon Rain Cover

I have one for my 300 2.8 and it works great but I still end up using one of those disposable ones that come in a 2 pack for $7 as they are quicker to put on and take up less space in my bag. If I know I am going to be shooting in the rain from the start, I will use the canon cover but more often then not it starts raining halfway through my event.

Sep 10, 2014 at 02:08 AM
knight13
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon Rain Cover

I know a high school shooter that uses one and loves it.

He used it last Friday night without issue.

I'm going with the Thinktank myself as I'm a Nikon guy.

Sep 11, 2014 at 08:24 AM
Carlos Salcedo
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon Rain Cover

I use the Think Thank Hydrophobia 300-600 and I would like to leave you with this...

but the Canon cover saved me a few dollars

Do you really want to save a few dollars to protect your $8000 lens and your $3-6k camera body. Get the best. Think Tank is the best and its only a wee bit more for that.

Sep 11, 2014 at 08:58 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.