Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · New Susan Stripling book worth the cost?

tele_pathic
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New Susan Stripling book worth the cost?

I follow Susan Stripling on facebook, and I've watched a few of her videos on youtube. I've also looked at her portfolio online and via googles. I respect Stripling's work and the images she produces. She facebooked me to let me know that she's publishing a new book called The Business and Marketing Workbook. http://www.susanstripling.com/photographershttp://www.susanstripling.com/photographers

Here's her description: "This book was created for the photographer who has either just started their business as well as the photographer who has been shooting for many years. It was written to help you either jump start your business or revitalize it! Unlike my other books, this is an actual workbook, divided into manageable assignments that you can complete on your own time. You will be learning at the exact same time that you’re applying the concepts to your own business. This workbook is divided into several parts. Each part has a call to action, a spreadsheet (or several!) to complete, and subjects to contemplate. You will create the legal framework of your business, write a mission statement, come to fully understand your financials, set your profitable pricing, write your entire social media marketing plan and calendar, learn about your contracts, write correspondence emails to your clients, and much, much more. Featuring the entire contents of the ThinkBook : Business issue, this massively robust workbook will help you take your business and marketing plan to not just the next level, but through the roof! In addition to the content in the book you will receive several things that are not on sale anywhere else: Information from the LawTog, Rachel Brenke, about creating a bulletproof wedding photography contract. Copies of all of my client emails, from inquiries to deliverables. My financial planning spreadsheets, asset planning, and pricing calculators. My wedding planning questionnaire that I send to my clients. My clients-only Frequently Asked Questions information sheet. ...and much more! True progress happens when you sit down, work hard, and keep moving ahead. If you break down these massive tasks into small, simple steps you’ll be ahead of the pack in no time!" - from Susan Stripling Photography at http://www.susanstripling.com/photographers

Sounds great. Kind of expensive at $100. But who doesn't want to see their business grow?

Has anyone here purchased any of her books? Is anyone thinking of purchasing this book? I was just wondering about the VALUE of purchasing this workbook, what it could add to my business if I follow her advice, if the ROI was worth it.

Sep 09, 2014 at 09:49 AM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New Susan Stripling book worth the cost?

SS has the unique ability to get tips down to tip form so you can actually remember them

Sep 09, 2014 at 09:54 AM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New Susan Stripling book worth the cost?

The link either doesn't work or is being viewed by 5,000 other people wanting to make millions as a photographer.

So either the book doesn't exist or is going to be a best-seller.

Sep 09, 2014 at 10:21 AM
tele_pathic
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New Susan Stripling book worth the cost?

Haha. I had the hardest time loading that link too. It took forever to load. I don't think it's a problem on my end, as I'm at work with a hard-wired line running 8gb of RAM and 100gigs download speed.

Sep 09, 2014 at 10:29 AM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New Susan Stripling book worth the cost?

I shake my head a bit at 'books' in the internet age. I can't remember the last time I was in a book shop (you know, places with actual hard copy books from legit publishers and high overheads) and seeing them selling at $100-250 but somehow that seems to be fine online.

Sep 09, 2014 at 10:55 AM
BSPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New Susan Stripling book worth the cost?

If I understood correctly, I think that book is "free" with her Creative Live class (https://www.creativelive.com/courses/group-mentorship-grow-your-wedding-photography-business-susan-stripling). Then again, I don't yet understand CL.

Sep 09, 2014 at 11:15 AM
silentwings
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New Susan Stripling book worth the cost?

I purchased a bunch of her previous Thinkbooks and I would say I learnt tons from these stuff. It is a very good investment if you like her style and want to learn some of her skills and tricks in an affordable way. I also purchased her previous business think book and it gave me lots of insights regarding how she started her business and how she made it profitable. However, if you ever purchased or viewed her online courses (Creative Live series), you may not need to read the book as she almost covered everything in the video, but it is still a solid recommendation if you want a handy reference.

Business, unlike photographic skills, cannot be guaranteed to work in anyone's cases as no shortcut or secrets can be copied or directly applied on yourself. Its success based on lots of different factors, including your location, target markets, your experience, your skillets, your social network, etc.

In a word, I would highly recommend any Thinkbook from Susan Stripling, not only are they one of the best written series in wedding photography that I've ever read, but also they definitely will give you insights in many different ways regarding your business and life.

Sep 12, 2014 at 03:49 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.