Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Tech-Tools | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · FS: Sony PCM D50 Digital Recorder Kit (and other audio gear)

Steady Hand
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · FS: Sony PCM D50 Digital Recorder Kit (and other audio gear)

Item updated in the last 24 hours    SOLD SOLD SOLD Sony PCM D50 Audio Recorder Kit,

Sold

Price: $325.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 10 Preowned equipment, but appears as new
Shipping instructions: $15 for USPS Priority Mail to CONUS, with Insurance Deliv. Confirm.

I am selling my High Quality digital audio recording kit.
This gear is ready to use whether you are capturing high quality audio for a movie, video, or for recordings of your own music performances or your kid’s recitals.

I carefully selected these items after many hours of reading reviews from audio professionals, in order to get the optimum high quality portable kit for use when recording music and interviews for a documentary project. But my plans changed, so I only used the kit for a few hours, so everything is in LIKE NEW condition. Nothing has been dropped or damaged. Everything works. No signs of wear or use. I am selling it now simply because I have no need for it now. These items can be used to capture high quality recordings of voice, music, or ambient sound for your projects.

I ship quickly and ship using Priority Mail and with insurance on higher priced items. I also include delivery confirmation. Please check my Buy/Sell feedback for my reputation on selling great gear at great prices here on FM.
If you wish to purchase, please post a note below and send me a PM. I will look for a message from you so I can consider your Buy/Sell feedback reputation and so I can also leave you feedback on this transaction. Prices are firm and all sales are final. Everything is in "like new" 9-10 condition with no signs of use or damage. Excellent gear at great savings for you!

Item One:
Sony PCM-D50 Linear PCM Digital Recorder 96Khz 24Bit 4 GB

MY PRICE = $325 (FIRM) with required additional $15 for Priority Mail shipping that includes insurance and delivery confirmation. Payment via Paypal and shipping to CONUS only. I generally ship the same or next biz day after receiving payment via Paypal. Check my Buy/Sell feedback!

The centerpiece of my audio recording kit is the Sony PCM-D50 Linear PCM recorder. In short this is an awesome recorder! This recorder received the highest praise from many audio reviewers after extensive testing because of its “highest” quality recording quality, excellent microphones (that make it better than cheaper competitive recorders) and its extensive feature set, including the ability to make very easy adjustments to gain by using the rotating manual dial/knob. It has a large LCD display and two rotating knobs that allow very easy adjustments to volume and gain with a slight touch of the knob. The recorder has several ports, two manual wheels/knobs for easy manual adjustments, and many different recording modes. It also has very high quality adjustable mic capsules (considered the best in class for this type of recorder). It is loaded with features, yet very easy to use. The original Sony instructions manual is included (it is not shown in photo).

This is a benchmark high quality recorder that can be used for recording audio for film projects or your own music production. This is professional level equipment. It has a tripod socket on the bottom and can be mounted above a DSLR (if you are making DSLR based videos) or on mic stands. It can be used handheld too. I also purchased the recommended Sony wind screen (AKA “dead kitten” for use with this recorder. The recorder has 4GB of internal memory, and you can add external memory cards to expand on that if needed. This is a GREAT recorder and I am sure that people who appreciate Sony quality gear will appreciate this recorder. It is known as one of the very best made.

The PCM-D50 continues the Sony tradition of offering high-quality and affordable solutions for portable field recording. This compact recorder offers 24-bit/96kHz stereo WAV recording to a built-in 4GB flash drive, with a Memory Stick Pro HG Duo card slot for added capacity. Perfect for location sound recordists, journalists, musicians, and more, the PCM-D50 has a sturdy and lightweight aluminum housing designed to withstand the trials of professional use.

The recorder is fitted with stereo microphones that can be positioned in an X/Y or wide pattern, and operates on four standard AA batteries for up to 14 hours of operation at 16-bit/44.1kHz recording. Recording features include five seconds of pre-record, Dual Digital Limiting to prevent distortion, and more. Playback functions include digital pitch control, A/B repeat, and more. It's easy to transfer your recordings to a Mac or PC with simple drag-and-drop file transfer via a high-speed USB connection.
Compact two-channel professional audio recorder
Records high-quality WAV files at up to 24-bit/96kHz for better-than-DAT sound
Records to a 4GB internal flash drive, or to Memory Stick Pro HG Duo cards for additional storage
Two re-positionable mics built-in
Operates on four standard AA batteries
Dual Digital Limiter feature to minimize distortion
Pre-record buffer records up to five seconds of audio before you hit the record button
Super Bit Mapping technology for a wide dynamic range
MP3 playback function
Digital Pitch Control allows you to slow playback down without affecting the pitch
A/B repeat playback
Drag-and-drop file transfer to Mac or PC via high-speed USB
Lightweight and durable aluminum construction

FREE BONUSES with purchase of the above recorder: Value = $74 in Accessories
With this recorder I am including (as bonuses) three items as accessories: a nice Optech Neoprene Hand Strap (new cost $10), and a very nice Zing Neoprene Belt Pouch (new cost $10), and the highly recommended Genuine Sony ADPCM1 Sony Wind Screen (new cost was $54). So you are getting $74 worth of accessories as a FREE bonus if you purchase the recorder! These three items are also in “like new” condition.

MY PRICE?
I spent over $600 on this Sony D50 but will sell it now for just $325 (FIRM) with required additional $15 for Priority Mail shipping (with insurance and Signature Confirmation required) to you (CONUS only). Like new condition! I ship most items within the same or next business day (24 hours) upon receipt of payment via Paypal. I only ship using Priority Mail for fast delivery and with insurance and delivery confirmation.

The Sony model (Sony D100) that replaced the D50 now costs $999 at a discounted online source!
New units of this same recorder (D50) are now selling for $1,000 on elay!
Used units on elay are selling for $550.

MY PRICE for my SONY D50 is just $325 and it comes with $74 worth of accessories! Like New condition!

• • •

Item updated in the last 24 hours     SOLD: Sony ECM-44B Lavalier Professional Microphone

Sold

Price: $80.00
Shipping instructions: $15 for USPS Priority Mail to CONUS, with Insurance Deliv. Confirm.

I also have three other microphones I purchased to use for my project. These other microphones were only used a few hours each and are all in Like New condition. They are being sold separately, so see the descriptions and prices for them below. One is a Sony lavalier microphone for interviews, and another is a handheld professional microphone that is optimized for handheld interviews or music recording.

Sony ECM-44B Lavalier Professional Microphone Omnidirectional Electret Condenser with Hard Case

MY PRICE = $80 plus $15 Priority Mail shipping to CONUS. Free shipping on this item if you purchase this item with the Sony D50 Recorder listed above. In other words, I will just charge $15 for shipping if the items are going to the same location.

This microphone is a “lavalier” microphone (intended to be worn on a lapel) but can also be used for placing on musical instruments or where a very small unobtrusive mic is required. This mic comes in a hard case with the lapel clip and instructions. This is an XLR microphone. This is the kind of tiny microphone that is often used in television studio interviews and is generally worn by the subject. It is very hard to see the mic capsule because it is so small.

I bought this to use for interviews (on camera) where the subject to be interviewed is seated in a studio environment. This is an excellent microphone for this use. It is also useful if you are making video interviews.

This microphone is in Like New condition, and has only been used for a few hours. It has never been dropped or damaged. You may purchase a small foam windscreen for these, but those windscreens are not required.

Compare prices to see how much you save!
Ebay NEW = $239
Ebay Buy It Now Used Item = $139
Ebay Buy It Now Used Item = = $129

MY PRICE = $80 plus $15 Priority Mail shipping to CONUS. Free shipping if you purchase this lavaliere mic with the Sony Recorder (above).

• • •

Item updated in the last 24 hours    Shure SM63LB Omnidirectional Dynamic Professional Microphone

Available

Price: $90.00

Shure SM63LB Omnidirectional Dynamic Professional Microphone, with black finish and extended handle for interviewing. This is the mic preferred by professionals for handheld interviews in the field. It has a longer body than most mics as it is intended to be handheld.

MY PRICE = $90 + $15 for Priority Mail Shipping to CONUS. Free shipping if purchase with the Sony D50 Recorder listed above.

I purchased this mic for use with handheld interviews in the field. Turns out I never used it for this purpose, so it is Like New. I will include a nice foam hand grip and foam wind screen as bonus.

NOTE: If you intend to use this XLR mic with the Sony D50 recorder or with equipment that does not have XLR input, you should also purchase the Shure Transformer listed below.

New on Amazon = $132.95
Ebay $137 NEW (via sweetwater)

MY PRICE = $90 + $15 for Priority Mail Shipping to CONUS. Free shipping if purchase with the Sony D50 Recorder listed above.

Elegant yet rugged, the high-output SM63 series of dynamic omnidirectional microphones are designed for professional applications where performance and appearance are critical. The three models differ only in length and color. The SM63 is designed for handheld use on stage and in broadcast, recording, and TV studios. The SM63L and SM63LB are ideal for remote interviews and other situations where longer microphones are desirable. The smooth, wide frequency response of the SM63 is tailored for optimum speech intelligibility, and includes a controlled low-frequency roll off for reduced pick-up of stand and wind noise. A built-in hum bucking coil makes the microphones virtually immune to strong hum fields, such as those produced by studio lighting.

• High output, low impedance
• 80 to 20,000 Hz frequency response tailored for optimum speech intelligibility
• Low-frequency roll off and built-in shock mount for reduced pickup of handling noise and stand vibration
• Hum bucking coil for virtual immunity to strong electromagnetic hum fields
• Exceptionally rugged VERAFLEX grille that resists damage from drops up to 2 m

• • •

Item updated in the last 24 hours    Shure A96F Camcorder Interface (XLR Transformer to 3.5mm)

Available

Price: $40.00

Shure A96F Camcorder Interface (LoZ to HiZ Mic Transformer) Product Details:
This transformer connects microphones with an XLR-type connector to the 3.5 mm (9/64 inch) inputs found on camcorders and other recording devices. It increases the signal level from the microphone, provides a balanced input, and prevents distortion due to the d.c. bias typically found in camcorder microphone inputs.

You will need a transformer like this to use XLR microphones with a Camcorder or with the Sony PCM-D50 Linear PCM recorder (which has a 3.5mm mic “in” input).

I am including several joining plugs (small items) that make this easier to use with the Sony Recorder (or other devices).

MY PRICE = $40 with Free Shipping if purchased with the above recorder or microphones. Otherwise, add $5 for Priority Mail shipping to CONUS.

New Cost = $55 + $5.00 for the cables and plugs. You save $20!

My Price = $40 with FREE shipping if purchased with the above equipment or microphones. Otherwise, add $5 for Priority Mail shipping to CONUS. The shipping details below say "$15" but I will only charge $5 for Priority Mail shipping on this item if purchased by itself.

• • •

Item updated in the last 24 hours    Samson S1 Dynamic Professional Microphone with Hard Case

Available

Price: $30.00

Samson S1 Dynamic Professional Microphone with Hard Case

Like New condition. I never used this mic. It comes with a very nice foam lined hard case.

My price = $30 + $15 for Priority Mail shipping to CONUS. Free shipping if you purchase it with the Sony Recorder listed up above.

SHURE SM63LB Professional XLR Microphone

SHURE Transformer for XLR to 3.5mm for audio input to DSLR or other

Edited on Sep 12, 2014 at 02:11 PM · View previous versions

Sep 08, 2014 at 06:15 PM
wjlapier
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · FS: Sony PCM D50 Digital Recorder Kit (and other audio gear)

PM sent. I'll take the D50 Kit.

Sep 09, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · FS: Sony PCM D50 Digital Recorder Kit (and other audio gear)

Sony D50 has been SOLD.

Other items (microphones and transformer) in this listing STILL AVAILABLE for purchase.

Sep 09, 2014 at 11:32 AM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · FS: Sony PCM D50 Digital Recorder Kit (and other audio gear)

SOLD: Sony ECM-44B Lavalier Professional Microphone Omnidirectional Electret Condenser with Hard Case

SOLD SOLD
________

Other items (Shure and Samson mics and Shure Transformer) in this listing are STILL AVAILABLE for purchase.

Sep 12, 2014 at 02:10 PM
TWeistar
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · FS: Sony PCM D50 Digital Recorder Kit (and other audio gear)

Tag for feedback

Sep 13, 2014 at 11:56 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Tech-Tools | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.