FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Approaching Storm

lgatlin
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Approaching Storm

Interested in your feedback to help me improve my landscape and processing skills.
Thank you.
Lonnie

Improved overexposed sky and reduced overall brightness of image.

Lone Elk Park - near St. Louis, MO

Edited on Sep 06, 2014 at 01:04 PM · View previous versions

Sep 06, 2014 at 11:40 AM
jeetsukumaran
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Approaching Storm

Nice composition, and I like the colors of the fore- and mid-ground. Not sure if I like the sky though: it seems overprocessed, and the jump in luminosity from the blown out areas above the clouds to the darker underside seems extreme. Not saying that this not how it looked in life -- reality can be pretty extreme sometimes! Just that, one way or another, it comes out as wrong.

Sep 06, 2014 at 11:53 AM
lgatlin
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Approaching Storm

jeetsukumaran wrote:
Nice composition, and I like the colors of the fore- and mid-ground. Not sure if I like the sky though: it seems overprocessed, and the jump in luminosity from the blown out areas above the clouds to the darker underside seems extreme. Not saying that this not how it looked in life -- reality can be pretty extreme sometimes! Just that, one way or another, it comes out as wrong.

Thank you.

Sep 06, 2014 at 11:57 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Approaching Storm

Hey Lonnie,

Well, I like what you have here. For me, the sky looks great and I like the overall view of this one.

Jim

Sep 07, 2014 at 01:43 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Approaching Storm

You either planned well, or lucked out by having a nice pond to retain the natural beauty of a landscape. Sometimes we see storm shots and since they are so hard to catch, they might be lightning over a highway, or a bunch of houses. It's not an extreme "Approaching Storm" by any means, but a fairly realistic photograph of one. I see clouds like that often, and they can be totally black on the underside and brilliant white on top depending on the sun hitting them. Nice photograph overall!

Sep 07, 2014 at 10:18 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.