New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · Specific camera suggestion request

Anurag
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Specific camera suggestion request

I applied for the Nikon sponsorship today. Also spoke with Ricoh and had the pleasure of talking to some of the nicest people. Nikon's customer service/PR people acted as if they couldn't care less. Anyhow, the person at Ricoh suggested the Q7 instead of the GR but am waiting to hear back from them to see what they have lying around. She mentioned that they might just be able to donate a camera instead of offering a discount which was a very pleasant surprise. Will try my luck with Canon tomorrow but I am expecting the same run around as I got with Nikon.

Kwalsh, I agree after reading your post - the audience we have here will likely not care about high ISO noise.

Sep 08, 2014 at 06:54 PM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Specific camera suggestion request

here's the a5100 touch shutter in action. should be great for kids.

http://sonyalphanex.blogspot.com/2014/09/sony-a5100-touch-shutter-with-autofocus.html

Sep 09, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Anurag
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Specific camera suggestion request

Wow that looks fantastic. Is it actually focusing where the person touches the screen or is the tap just working as a shutter button?

Sep 09, 2014 at 11:49 AM
arduluth
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Specific camera suggestion request

Anurag wrote:
Wow that looks fantastic. Is it actually focusing where the person touches the screen or is the tap just working as a shutter button?

It focuses where you tap, just like a smartphone camera would. Older Sony mirrorless cameras with touchscreens will do this as well - NEX-5N, NEX-5R, and a5000.

Sep 09, 2014 at 11:51 AM
kwalsh
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Specific camera suggestion request

I think the touch AF/shutter is a good point. That's probably an interface most kids will get quickly. Some m43 cameras do that as well, my GM1 has a very well developed touch interface and includes touch focus/shutter like the NEX cameras. Never use it myself, but I bet something like that would work great with kids.

Sep 10, 2014 at 09:58 AM
Anurag
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Specific camera suggestion request

Just in case anyone wishes to see the project as it currently sits...

www.photographyinmedicine.org

Your thoughts are welcome

Nov 06, 2014 at 09:54 PM
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.