FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2014 · Cash

TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Cash

I've been asking folks to pay with check for a little while now and most are totally okay with it. I simply say I prefer check, though we do also accept cards if that's best for you. Suck it, CC merchant fees. It's amazing what 3% can add up to.

Sep 06, 2014 at 02:47 PM
deepbluejh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Cash

Josh Jones wrote:
Great post Tony. I've looked into this in the past, but I'm still concerned about taking transactions for over $250.

From the FAQ -

Does this mean if someone tries to send a payment to you for over $250, they will have to enter in their name, DOB, and last 4 of SSN? I think some clients might be concerned with this...

This would seem to imply that this extra step is just a one time thing. After that, you have a $2500 weekly limit from then on.

Sep 08, 2014 at 08:15 AM
NYstyles
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Cash

Do some of you have high CC payments?

I very rarely get them, its usually always a check. I dont sweat the fees because its used so little, I guess if the CC increases I'll adjust. Its built into my overhead anyways. I have it used more for just the 30% retainer and the final is a check.

Im a 10-15 weddings a year shooter so maybe I encounter less CC over others...

Sep 08, 2014 at 08:29 AM
deepbluejh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Cash

NYstyles wrote:
Do some of you have high CC payments?

I very rarely get them, its usually always a check. I dont sweat the fees because its used so little, I guess if the CC increases I'll adjust. Its built into my overhead anyways. I have it used more for just the 30% retainer and the final is a check.

Im a 10-15 weddings a year shooter so maybe I encounter less CC over others...

I have a fair number of clients who want to make their deposit with a credit card (usually for rewards points purposes). Final balance is almost always paid with a check for me.

Sep 08, 2014 at 08:54 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.