New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · LIGHTROOM 5

MnK2003
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · LIGHTROOM 5

Hey guys! Im looking to purchase lightroom 5 from best buy. The issue I'm having is that i qualify for the teacher edition. How to I go about proving my eligibility? Do I show proof to best buy when I purchase it or when I'm installing?

Thanks for the help!

Sep 04, 2014 at 09:27 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · LIGHTROOM 5

you follow the instructions per Adobe.

Sep 04, 2014 at 09:34 PM
MnK2003
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · LIGHTROOM 5

Thanks! That was very informative.

Ive called adobe and talk to the folks at best buy and no one can seem to tell me the process. I don't want to buy it then have to jump through a bunch of hoops trying to install.

Sep 04, 2014 at 09:43 PM
tntcorp
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · LIGHTROOM 5

MnK2003 wrote:
Thanks! That was very informative.

Ive called adobe and talk to the folks at best buy and no one can seem to tell me the process. I don't want to buy it then have to jump through a bunch of hoops trying to install.

from bbuy website of lr educator edition (i'm sure the adobe website will have the same wordings). a current photo id will suffice in most situation!

good luck! :-)

>>>

Proof of Eligibility

Students
Proof of current enrollment, stating your name, the institution name, and the current date or term.** Types of proof of enrollment include: •School ID card
•Report card
•Transcript
•Tuition bill or statement
•Any other document issued by the educational institution that includes your name, the institution name, and the current date or term
Teachers, Faculty and Staff
Current ID that includes your name, the date, and the name of the educational entity or an official document such as the following**: •Institutional paycheck stub
•Letter on official letterhead from the registrar of the educational entity indicating current employment
Note: Any sensitive information such as pay amounts, grades, or social security numbers can be covered or crossed out.

Homeschooled Students and Their Teachers
•Dated copy of a letter of intent to homeschool**
•Current membership ID to a home school association (for example, the Home School Legal Defense Association)**
•Dated proof of purchase of curriculum for the current academic school year**

Sep 04, 2014 at 10:03 PM
mgutman
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · LIGHTROOM 5

You may find it easiest to purchase it online through an educational seller.

Best Buy also offers LR teacher online. Live chat may be able to tell you the procedure to prove eligibility.

HTH

Sep 04, 2014 at 10:04 PM
tntcorp
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · LIGHTROOM 5

a follow up from my previous response:

from bbuy website

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/adobe-photoshop-lightroom-5-student-and-teacher-edition-mac-windows/8928327.p?id=1218952104926&skuId=8928327

from link w/in bbuy website

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/null/adobe-student-teacher-edition/pcmcat219100050009.c?id=pcmcat219100050009&type=category&id=pcmcat219100050009

and finally, from adobe website (which make me think you should download the educator version to use until after the documentations you sent in have been confirmed and the serial # will be forwarded to you for product registration.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/student-teacher-edition-orderfulfillment.html

should you choose to download directly from the above adobe website, be sure to select the correct region you are located in.

good luck!

Sep 04, 2014 at 10:33 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · LIGHTROOM 5

My daughter has the entire suite for college. It is all done online. At the time we provided an image of her student id and her email address at school. They then sent the code to activate it.

Sep 05, 2014 at 12:03 AM
tele_pathic
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · LIGHTROOM 5

Google is your friend. I don't mean to be mean BUT srsly, why would I do the leg work for you when you can simply google the answer? And it's easy to find!

I'm an educator; I bought LR5 a year ago. I had the same concerns. Know what I did? I googled "LR5 educator discount" and found the info.

Sep 05, 2014 at 11:50 AM
MnK2003
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · LIGHTROOM 5

You do mean to be mean, but you know what, I'm a big boy, I can take it.
I wasn't asking anyone to do the leg work for me!!!! The reason I asked is because I HAVE called adobe multiple times and they give me conflicting information. I HAVE googled. I HAVE been into retail stores. All of which give me different information. I just thought that someone might know from experience and would be willing to give a little information.
And let me ask you this. Why are you on the forum? Easy, its so you can get information or gain experience from someone else's "leg work".

Sep 06, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Todd Warnke
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · LIGHTROOM 5

Surprisingly, I am not here to mooch off of others. I'm here to help when I can, be inspired by others, seek (but not expect) help from the community and take part in a virtual village.

As for the answer to your question, a google check resulted in the following link as the top result.

http://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?store=OLS-EDU&event=displayEduConditions&nr=0

It works. As a Charter School Board member I use the Adobe Ed Store for all my school related Adobe needs. I wonder if a trip to a google related board would put you in touch with someone who can do your "leg work" for you with searches.

Peace,

Todd

Sep 06, 2014 at 02:55 PM
kv9f68
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · LIGHTROOM 5

I wasn't quite sure as how to get the student/teacher addition also. The way I got it, and probably the easiest, was to go directly to the Adobe site and register using your school email. Nothing else to do after that. I bought LR and they instantly sent me the serial number (at my school email) so I could download. No wait and no need to send any other information.

The hardest part of the whole transaction was actually finding where on the Adobe site I could actually DOWNLOAD a "physical" copy of the program. Every time you clicked on anything it brought you back to where you could buy their cloud service

Sep 08, 2014 at 04:19 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · LIGHTROOM 5

kv9f68 wrote:
The hardest part of the whole transaction was actually finding where on the Adobe site I could actually DOWNLOAD a "physical" copy of the program. Every time you clicked on anything it brought you back to where you could buy their cloud service

That's Adobe for you - although Apple are guilty of equal 'efficiency' on their site too.

Sep 08, 2014 at 08:00 AM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · LIGHTROOM 5

Get the adobe photo online sub it will be cheaper plus you get photoshop and a few other apps.

Sep 09, 2014 at 06:44 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.