Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Two versions of my book - if. Need help editing it.

Dan Wagner
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Two versions of my book - if. Need help editing it.

A few days ago I posted a thread about my new Blurb book titled: if

I asked for feedback, and based on the feedback (thanks) I re-edited and cut the number of photos by half. I also got rid of "paired" photos on facing pages (some people didn't like juxtapositions) -- now have just one photo per spread -- on right hand page. I added pagination to make it easier for people to identify each photo by page number.

Here's the link to the 2nd version free preview: http://www.blurb.com/books/5554123-if

And here is the link to the 1st version free preview (for comparison): http://www.blurb.com/books/5547415-if

So round 2. If you feel up to it, please share your thoughts -- you can indicate which photos by page number you'd like to see removed, or used as a replacement for cover, or placed last, or organized differently or whatever you choose.

By the way before doing the 2nd version, I made a pdf with Adobe Bridge, 63 photos (7 rows x 9) each photo about 2.4 inches square, and printed them on 17x22 paper - 4 sheets, and then cut out each photo to see if this helped the editing process. I arranged prints on the floor -- it helped -- but I think I really needed a 4x8 table to comfortably look at and move the small prints.

Sep 03, 2014 at 07:41 PM
tonyfield
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Two versions of my book - if. Need help editing it.

I definitely prefer the 2nd version of the book. Images are stronger without the filler shot. I think it is a good book for people who like street photography.

Sep 05, 2014 at 09:53 PM
blueeyepicture

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Two versions of my book - if. Need help editing it.

Exceptional way of street photography! Really perfect timing shot. It looks very special photograph to me. Thanks for sharing best of ideas with your creative way.

Sep 06, 2014 at 02:27 AM
rodmcwha
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Two versions of my book - if. Need help editing it.

Dan,
A book of your work is meant to showcase your vision, not that of a committee.
While having someone who's work you admire, look through and give his thoughts might be ok, taking a poll of a forum seems, at least to me, to say that you don't have a point of view, yet.
I hope you will take all suggestions with a grain of salt, and publish something that shows who you are.
Best of luck.

Sep 29, 2014 at 05:48 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Two versions of my book - if. Need help editing it.

Completely agree with Rod.

Sep 29, 2014 at 07:18 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.