Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       5       end

Archive 2014 · Fearless Photographer

rondphoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fearless Photographer

Is this site a bunch of nonsense or are you getting bookings from it? Sure, it's cool as a photographer to browse other folk's work...but are brides going there and booking?

Sep 03, 2014 at 02:25 PM
Jim Heine
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fearless Photographer

I got maybe 4 inquiries this year, but I don't think I booked anyone through Fearless.

Getting awards has some value - I think couples who are already booked feel special when the photographer they found is getting acknowledged professionally for their work. Prospective clients don't know what Fearless is, and I doubt it's worth much.

The best part was getting to know some of the community through the Foundation Conference. The people are inspiring, truly hard workers, and have pushed me towards improving my photography.

Sep 03, 2014 at 02:44 PM
JakAHearts
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fearless Photographer

I wish it was invite only. Paying to be allowed to submit seems silly. Also, I much preferred when they only awarded 10-15 awards per month. Now it seems they just give them away like candy.

Sep 03, 2014 at 02:51 PM
rondphoto
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fearless Photographer

That's why I ask. The exclusivity seems to no longer exist.

Are these availability requests legit? http://www.fearlessphotographers.com/find-wedding-photographers.cfm

Sep 03, 2014 at 02:57 PM
widjayaman
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fearless Photographer

The availability requests are legit. There's always misses, but I've seen reported bookings fairly consistently. I booked 1 wedding from it last year.

I concur with Jim. The people you meet through the conference are amazing, but even then you don't have to be a fearless member to go.

I concur I wish it was invite only, but winning an award is still a very difficult (and often time subjective) thing.

Sep 03, 2014 at 03:16 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fearless Photographer

Oh fearless.
I wish they would have called it something else. Their is nothing fearless about what we do no offense to anyone.
Lots of amazing work on their and also a lot of gimmicky cliche stuff as well.
I have never ever had a client say anything to me about "what awards have you won". If they did I would tell them that instead of spending my time trying to get my ass kissed I am working hard to take care of them as best as I can.
It is one of the main reasons we don't submit to wedding blogs either. They do absolutely NOTHING to actually make a couples experience any better and often times photographers are so worried about shooting for a blog or whatever they miss moments that are truly important to the couple.

I would rather get to know my couples as well as possible to get the job done right than spend my time tying to make some random blogger all giddy inside.

With that said I think it is possible to get bookings from Fearless. It is possible to get bookings anywhere really. I don't know how many brides are actually following fearless but I suppose my experience is limited to only asking people who we have booked and friends and none of them has ever heard of fearless or even some of the more popular wedding blogs besides SMP.

You can all tell me I am an idiot now.

Sep 03, 2014 at 03:16 PM
rondphoto
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fearless Photographer

hardlyboring wrote:
You can all tell me I am an idiot now.

Sep 03, 2014 at 03:25 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fearless Photographer

We were on there for a year...won one award...nothing ever came from it (apart from some props from other photographers). A few inquiries...most were spam. Did not renew.

Sep 03, 2014 at 05:23 PM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fearless Photographer

I thought this was going to be a thread full of interesting " Risking life and Limb to get the shot " Stories.

Bummer.
Never heard of this fearless thing.
Sounds like just another US gimmick booking site that no one here uses.

The Taking your camera in one hand and your Cahoneys in the other would have made for a much better read I think....

Sep 03, 2014 at 06:01 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fearless Photographer

Honestly, my first thought was, "There's a sucker born every minute." Don't get me wrong. Most 'togs on Fearless are great. I admire many of them and their work. I just don't get spending that kind of money "just to be recognized" on some marketing blog, and maybe pull 1-4 weddings from it a year. Of course, I think that about all similar sites that give out the "badges of honor" for the right price. I'm sure it does great for the those in huge metropolitan areas... and those that began the site(s).

Sep 03, 2014 at 06:09 PM
rondphoto
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Fearless Photographer

Well, to be fair, it's only $129 a year. So...I think that's a pretty good ROI if I were to book 1 wedding.

I've spent over 10x that on one bridal show.

Sep 03, 2014 at 06:45 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Fearless Photographer

You're in Vegas? It'd probably work well for you.

Sep 03, 2014 at 07:22 PM
Inku Yo
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Fearless Photographer

glort wrote:
I thought this was going to be a thread full of interesting " Risking life and Limb to get the shot " Stories.

Bummer.
Never heard of this fearless thing.
Sounds like just another US gimmick booking site that no one here uses.

The Taking your camera in one hand and your Cahoneys in the other would have made for a much better read I think....

Can I see your portfolio?

Sep 03, 2014 at 08:02 PM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Fearless Photographer

Inku Yo wrote

Can I see your portfolio?

Sure! What market do you want to see?

You'll have to come to Oz though because I don't have anything online.
I'm working on a new Glam site atm but for everything else I prefer to work the old fashioned way and do brochures, trade shows and the like or send out printed presentation packages.

Sep 03, 2014 at 08:27 PM
Inku Yo
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Fearless Photographer

glort wrote:
I prefer to work the old fashioned way

Say no more.

Sep 03, 2014 at 08:31 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Fearless Photographer

I think the investment is pretty low for the other resources that you get access to. The FB communities (where you can share referrals and/or 2nd shooter opportunities), critiques that you can view from respected photographers, etc. Additionally, I think the guys who are behind it have their hearts in the right place and I respect what they're trying to build--which to me is a network of photographers who care deeply about the craft.

I do agree with Doug--there are some gimmicky photographs that win awards but there are some pretty amazing photographs of moments too that win that are ones that really make me want to push harder in what I do. Probably depends on what you're signing up for that determines whether or not it's worth it. I haven't booked anything (nor do I feel particularly confident that I will soon), but I support the guys who run it and I think it's a worthwhile community to be involved with.

Sep 03, 2014 at 10:12 PM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Fearless Photographer

I dont know specifically about Fearless (god, I cringe when i hear that). But my investment in WPJA did not net a single inquiry despite being ranked as the "6th Best Wedding Photojournalist in the World" (3rd in the USA) in 2011.

Sep 04, 2014 at 08:56 AM
bthatton
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Fearless Photographer

Nothing from Fearless for me. But... I just joined to get a cheap link back to my site. I'm not nearly as fearless as others.

WPJA basically started my business several years ago and helped me book 20 weddings my first year on it. Only 2 from WPJA last year however.

Sep 04, 2014 at 09:13 AM
joosay
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Fearless Photographer

glort wrote:
Sure! What market do you want to see?

You'll have to come to Oz though because I don't have anything online.
I'm working on a new Glam site atm but for everything else I prefer to work the old fashioned way and do brochures, trade shows and the like or send out printed presentation packages.

Nothing wrong with doing things the old fashioned way but I'm surprised you're even on this forum with a username (if you truly didn't have anything online).

Sep 04, 2014 at 09:17 AM
rondphoto
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Fearless Photographer

Does doing things the old fashioned way get you old fashioned clients?

Sep 04, 2014 at 11:37 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.