Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · What do you do with your images?

Richard Booth
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · What do you do with your images?

I've been wondering about this for awhile. I'm not at the level of many on the forum although I have sold some prints and get paid for certain assignments. However, aside from satisfying the creative urge I was curious what most of the community does with their images. Is there a lurking desire to publish a book? Do you want to pass them along to family members? Do you participate in gallery showings and art shows? What?

We are all obsessed with constantly improving, buying new software, looking for workshops, buying new equipment, etc. But where are we going with all of this? There are probably at least a dozen or so people on this forum who could combine their best efforts to produce a fine art book. But what about the rest of us? Are we all the victims of hype from Nikon and Canon? Just curious.

Richard

Sep 02, 2014 at 11:56 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · What do you do with your images?

I never wanted to sell anything, I am retired. For a long time I wanted to post here, but eventually realized that I am out of my league at this forum. I moved to photo critique where I can experiment and perhaps learn a bit. At a critique forum, you can post second rate stuff for critique. Here everything I do would be second rate (probably worse).

For the most part, photography is something to do, and gives me an excuse to visit beautiful places. I then print them and hang on my walls for my own enjoyment. Few people other than my immediate family see my prints.

Sep 02, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Justin Grimm
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · What do you do with your images?

I have printed almost every shot I have. I especially enjoy making huge acrylics, and have five large shots hanging at home. Being able to look at some of the amazing places I have been on a daily basis is one of the most rewarding aspects about photography, after being there initially of course! The reason for the ever evolving techniques and tools is to constantly improve what I can put on a wall. I have also really enjoyed getting my work out in public, and talking to people about the shots, locations and stories behind them. The vast majority of people I have talked with have never seen any sort of high quality landscape work, or even herd of the places I have been fortunate enough to visit, so the images can really blow them away which is a nice bonus!

Sep 02, 2014 at 12:24 PM
beanpkk
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · What do you do with your images?

I sell a few pix a year, at a local frame shop/gallery. Other than that, I have about 100 wallpapers on my computers that I make from some of my favorite shots. The rest? Sitting on a hard drive. I go through and look at them occasionally.

I have one room of the house with lots of framed work on it, and I do a calendar every year for certain friends and relatives. I think calendars make great gifts.

keith

Sep 08, 2014 at 07:12 PM
garyroach
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · What do you do with your images?

I probably shouldn't admit this on this site, but I'm not that interested in the images. At least, not my own. I love to look at beautiful photographs created by other photographers. And I'm always interested in where and how those photographs were created. But, for me, it's more about doing the photography. For me it's all in the process. Like most photographers, I love the gear. I love being out in nature. I love traveling to beautiful places. And I try to make good images. I'll upload them to my computer. I'll go through them, delete the awful ones, and save the "good" ones. Eventually I get around to uploading some of them to Smugmug for friends and family to see. But, for me, it's all in the photography and where I go to do the photography, not the images.

Sep 14, 2014 at 02:07 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.