New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Epson 7900 Double Cut Problems

Herderdog
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Epson 7900 Double Cut Problems

Can anyone here explain to me why I cannot get the Epson 7900 to do a run of 17 X 22 inch images using the auto cut feature-double cut. I am using a luster roll paper 17 inches wide. I have tried every setting I can possibly think of.
Double- Cut is only enabled when doing borderless. I need exactly sized 17X22 inch prints—but cannot get it done—I get a borderless error instead. I was successful before doing this run on matte 17 inch paper (have not tried that yet) but I am having no luck with the luster. Double-cut can give me very nicely sized prints. I hate to have to go back and trim them all by hand.
Any ideas? Thanks!

Sep 01, 2014 at 08:41 PM
Bernie
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Epson 7900 Double Cut Problems

First, is it truly an issue with double cut? I have found that the 7900 when using roll paper and doing borderles, the paper has to be very close to the setting for paper width. Some paper manufacturers give you 23 7/8" which will not work for borderless printing at a stated width of 24".

Also remember that the image will expand when doing borderless. I'm not sure about 17", but when I'm doing 24", the image size needs to be no larger than 23.83"

Sep 02, 2014 at 08:31 AM
Herderdog
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Epson 7900 Double Cut Problems

Bernie, thank you for your reply! Indeed the paper is 16 7/8” wide. I reset the roll to be exactly on the margins-over about 1/4 inch from the right. Voila! It worked. I had been pushing the roll flush on the mounts. Lesson well learned. I cannot tell you how much time I have wasted trying to figure this out. Thank you!!!

Sep 02, 2014 at 11:50 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.