New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · The Mighty Herk

quickking
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Mighty Herk

I had my final flight on a C-130 last week and took the camera with. Managed to get a few nice shots. Here are a couple...Kevin

C-130 by quickking, on Flickr

C-130 by quickking, on Flickr

Sep 01, 2014 at 02:30 PM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Mighty Herk

Nice shots. The only nit I see is the lack of motion blur in the props. Next time, use a slower shutter speed to get the effect, but be prepared to delete more shots because of unwanted blur in other areas. To get a better feel for what can be done, check out the last several pages of the Mustangs, Air to Air thread in this same sub-forum. What you see there will amaze and inspire anyone with an interest in aviation photography. While looking at MA2A, feel free to join us as well.

Regards, Colin

Sep 01, 2014 at 09:21 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Mighty Herk

Well, since he said 'final flight', there might not be a next time... Nice shots though! Nice lighting. I like Herks :-)

Sep 03, 2014 at 06:23 AM
quickking
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The Mighty Herk

Colin Giersberg wrote:
Nice shots. The only nit I see is the lack of motion blur in the props. Next time

---------------------------------------------

futurshox wrote:
Well, since he said 'final flight', there might not be a next time... Nice shots though! Nice lighting. I like Herks :-)

You're right about that! I am now a civilian. I appreciate the comments Colin and the good news is that I did manage to take a couple with a slower shutter speed. Here is one of them. We were descending to airdrop altitude which explains the slight downward tilt of the aircraft.

Evening Herk by quickking, on Flickr

Sep 06, 2014 at 03:37 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.