Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Carl Auer, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Pre-trigger cable or menu settings

andre2112

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pre-trigger cable or menu settings

So I want to use a spare d3100 I have for behind the goal and fire it remotely with something like a pocket wizard or vello remote.. not sure which yet. Do I need a pre trigger cable? I think I do with the pocket wizards but not sure about others. Ill use manual focus and have everything setting-wise dialed in so do I need to wake the camera? And isn't there a menu setting to do this anyways? Im fine with the remote button style but I don't want any significant delay. What do you guys use?

Sep 01, 2014 at 04:05 PM
Jeff Napier
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pre-trigger cable or menu settings

Not to sound like an A$$, but have you read the manual or specs online for each? After that maybe you could ask for some more precise questions regarding settings if you cant figure it out or need help.

Sep 01, 2014 at 04:59 PM
andre2112

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pre-trigger cable or menu settings

No I know its not a very specific question. I just haven't used a remote shutter like this before and when searching found that most sport shooters use a pre trigger cable, but they're also using Pwizards. Ill actually be close to the goal, 50' or so and thought a vello freewave or similar would work instead since I don't need it to fire as a slave when I use my camera. Ive read the post here about behind the goal set ups but there wasn't a specific mention of gear used other than lenses mounts ect. Maybe I posted in wrong forum, sorry.

Sep 01, 2014 at 05:16 PM
SargentRay
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Pre-trigger cable or menu settings

If it can help Andre here's all you need to know about remote triggering with the PW system, wether it be just triggering a camera remotely with a mini, TT5 or whatever PW trigger or triggering a camera with your main camera simultaneously. The principle is to put a TT5 (for example) on the camera along with an ACC cable (you'll have to look up which is the right one for your camera) and trigger it like i do with a mini. This set up wakes up the camera and focuses it to just like if you were pressing the shutter release button. The thing to remember is you need to work on 2 different channels. Because the signal from the mini will send the information to the TT5 and it will relay the information to the camera on a different channel for it to trigger, hence why it is called the relay mode. You have to set it up only one channel up like channel 7 and channel 8 for example for everything to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57T421dZDxc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DrLWiibQ4E

Sep 01, 2014 at 05:47 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password