New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Sigma Photo Pro Question

rattymouse
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sigma Photo Pro Question

I've noticed something very strange when using Sigma Photo Pro. I recently upgraded from Snow Leopard to Mavericks on my Mac so I'm not sure if SPP broke in the process.

When a RAW file is loaded into SPP and I change the color mode from original to vivid or any other color mode, nothing happens. Previously, I think, the color changes were very clear and visible on the screen. Now there's no change at all, no matter what mode I select.

I am using SPP version 5.5.2.

Does anyone have any idea why I can't get the other color modes to show up on the screen?

Thank you in advance!

Sep 01, 2014 at 06:43 AM
juju1958
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sigma Photo Pro Question

Ratty I have no idea but SSP does appear to have a mind of it's own along with mood swings. I have windows but if in your shoes I'd update to version 5.5.3, If you have the Merrill try the new SSP 6.0.5 along side. I use both on my machine, although there appears to be more bugs in the latest mac version of 6.0.5 than on the windows version from the chat online.Lets hope the latest SSP due in October is a substantial upgrade.

Sep 01, 2014 at 06:33 PM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sigma Photo Pro Question

SPP is extremely buggy on the Mac in my experience. Sometimes just restarting or deleting preferences solves things temporarily.

Sep 01, 2014 at 06:57 PM
rattymouse
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sigma Photo Pro Question

juju1958 wrote:
Ratty I have no idea but SSP does appear to have a mind of it's own along with mood swings. I have windows but if in your shoes I'd update to version 5.5.3, If you have the Merrill try the new SSP 6.0.5 along side. I use both on my machine, although there appears to be more bugs in the latest mac version of 6.0.5 than on the windows version from the chat online.Lets hope the latest SSP due in October is a substantial upgrade.

Yeah, I dont want to touch SPP 6.0 or higher. It sounds like an absolute nightmare. I had come to peace with SPP 5.5 with the only issue being limited capability (no crop for example) as well as it being slow. But now I cant understand why I cant see the different color modes. I can see the progress bar activate for a split second when I switch color modes but nothing changes on the screen.

Very very weird.

Sep 01, 2014 at 07:45 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.