p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Coyote Buttes as seen from White Pockets

Glad to see you made it out there!

Sep 01, 2014 at 09:09 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Coyote Buttes as seen from White Pockets

Hey Sasha,

Nice try on this one. It does feel cut off though. I know it's a pano, but it sure seems to be missing more on the bottom. It feels a bit overexposed too. It doesn't look like you had clouds and were trying to work with what you had.

Do you have more of the White Pocket itself? Or I think a shot taken more towards your left and getting the lit up butte reflecting in the water would be super cool... if that composition was possible?

So with White Pocket being a bit harder to get out to, are you taking people out there? I know Gregg B was saying he wanted to go out there, and I have always wanted to visit that area there too.

Jim

Sep 01, 2014 at 02:38 PM
alatoo60
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Coyote Buttes as seen from White Pockets

Greg Campbell wrote:
Glad to see you made it out there!

Yes, I made it out just fine. In fac, there were quite a few people there, and nobody got stuck.
---------------------------------------------

JimFox wrote:
Hey Sasha,

Nice try on this one. It does feel cut off though. I know it's a pano, but it sure seems to be missing more on the bottom. It feels a bit overexposed too. It doesn't look like you had clouds and were trying to work with what you had.

Do you have more of the White Pocket itself? Or I think a shot taken more towards your left and getting the lit up butte reflecting in the water would be super cool... if that composition was possible?

So with White Pocket being a bit harder to get out to, are you
...Show more

Hey Jim,

This is just an overview pano without any artistic value. However, it provides an idea for those who's never been to this place. Prior to going, I searched for an image like that, but no, all of them were pictures inside the area, not relative to the rest of the world. So I am filling a gap here.
As you already know, I am a sucker for reflection shots, so I took lots of pictures with reflections in all imaginable combinations. There were large water pockets after last week's rains, some even with tidepoles.
As about going there - it is easier than driving to the Racetrack, as soon as you have a proper vehicle. I had to rent one, no way I could get there on my CR-V, because sand is just way too deep. The road by itself is very pleasant, it goes through the pine forest and fragrant blooming meadows. Plenty of room for parking and camping, and the trail is only 3 min long

Sasha.

Sep 01, 2014 at 06:31 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.