Username  

FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Spider

frozenframe

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Spider

The last few nights, this spider has woven his web on my front porch. It extends from pillar to my swing. If I were to walk between the swing and the front edge of the porch, I would have had him right on my face. I've managed to leave him be, a major restraint considering my arachnophobia.
So early this morning I tried to capture some images of him. I found him having breakfast. There was a breeze causing the web to sway every which way. So I used AI focus, burst mode to get a least one half-decent shot. I finally gave up after about 50 attempts.

© frozenframe 2014

Spider having breakfast

Aug 31, 2014 at 07:48 AM
Dalantech
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Spider

The biggest problem that I can see with the photo is the angle: I can't make eye contact with the subject (necessary) and the breakfast is out of focus -if it were in focus I still don't think the shot would work though. A better angle would have been head on, at a slant to get both the spider's eyes and the eyes of the prey in focus.

Sep 03, 2014 at 10:48 AM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Spider

There is also a gender issue. He is a she. That rectangular area under the abdomen is the epigyne. Also, the palps are slender, not the boxing glove type of a male.

Harold

Sep 03, 2014 at 01:35 PM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.