Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · 3rd party Focus Screen for 6D? Grips?

Jon Joshua
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 3rd party Focus Screen for 6D? Grips?

I'm looking for a split focus screen for my 6D. Since Canon doesn't offer one, does anyone have experience with any 3rd party split focus screens?

How about battery grips other than the BG-E13?

Edited on Aug 30, 2014 at 01:52 PM · View previous versions

Aug 30, 2014 at 12:47 PM
eddieb
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 3rd party Focus Screen for 6D? Grips?

Jon Joshua wrote:
I'm looking for a split focus screen for my 6D. Since Canon doesn't offer one, does anyone have experience with any 3rd part split focus screens?

How about battery grips other than the BG-E13?

Can't help with the focus screen but I have tried several battery grips, with all being returned. I also wanted to save some cash, but after trying several, went with the Canon grip. It's in a total different league then the 3rd party grips. The way I looked at it, I spent a lot of money on the camera and lenses, didn't make sense to buy a cheap grip. Buy the Canon and you'll only cry once.

Edited on Sep 02, 2014 at 12:25 AM · View previous versions

Aug 30, 2014 at 01:11 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 3rd party Focus Screen for 6D? Grips?

I tried a Vello grip and it was a steaming pile 'o poo and I returned it.

Aug 30, 2014 at 01:47 PM
gheller
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 3rd party Focus Screen for 6D? Grips?

Great reviews on the Zeikos (I own one for my 5d3)

OTOH, a fellow photograhpher has gone thru several OEM grips with the "plastic gear" issue (strips inside the unit and cannot be removed).

"...the way I looked at it, I spent a lot of money on the camer and lenses, didn't make sense to buy a cheap grip. Buy the Canon and you'll only cry once"

I never bought into this theory. Do your due diligence with research and you can save a bunch of cash on good after market batteries and grips.

I have no problem dropping $3k for a body, but I was in manufacturing for a while and KNOW what goes into the accessories.

$300 is highway robbery for a battery grip. The aftermarket ones are at least as good as the OEM ones (both aren't made to super high standards).

HTH

greg

Aug 30, 2014 at 02:35 PM
johnctharp
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 3rd party Focus Screen for 6D? Grips?

I think it's like anything else- buy the quality stuff if you plan on relying on it. I don't need a grip often, primarily to extend video battery life, so I got the third-party for my 6D. Works well enough for it's intended purpose, and doesn't have any outright flaws.

Aug 31, 2014 at 12:29 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.