Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Request for A7s owners (electronic shutter mode test)

snapsy
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Request for A7s owners (electronic shutter mode test)

I'm researching banding on the A7s's electronic shutter mode under certain lighting conditions. This occurs on many cameras with electronic shutters due to the frequency of lighting vs the speed at which the camera can sample the entire sensor for an exposure. I would be eternally grateful if a few FM'ers could try the following experiment:

Wherever you have your computer, preferably in a small room, can you turn off all the lights, leaving your monitor as the only light source in the room. Display a pure-white image on the monitor, such as opening up Photoshop/Paintbrush and making the white canvas fill the entire area of the screen...this is to produce maximum brightness from the monitor. Can you then configure your A7s for the full electronic shutter mode (Menu -> Cog Wheel, Submenu #4, "Silent Shooting" is ON), then compose a photograph against the wall opposite facing your monitor (ie, the wall receiving the light from your monitor) and set the shutter speed to 1/500, then set whatever aperture/ISO is required to achieve a centered exposure. It would actually be better to underexpose by about 3 stops from center. Please then take a photo (focus doesn't matter) of the wall, in raw mode. If you could then post your raw here or PM me...I would be very grateful You can use https://www.transferbigfiles.com/ to send the image to yourself and then just post/PM the resulting link (no registration required). Please also indicate whether you're in an NTSC or PAL region.

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:16 AM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.