Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Carl Auer, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

2014 Little League World Series

P Alesse
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 2014 Little League World Series

Here are some shots from this year's Little League World Series. Focus took on more of a photojournalistic approach with less emphasis on action in this set compared to the norm. Hope you enjoy.

1) Second baseman, Jahli Hendricks with the ups to snag a ball in the opening day of the series.

2) The next two images feature the same play from two different angles. #3 Dominick Clayton for the West barely avoids the tag from catcher, Mason Litz for the Midwest in Game #4.

3) This is the same play as the last shot from the remote camera on top of Lamade Stadium.

4) Breaking up a double play in Game #9 against Australia is Marek Krejcirik for Europe-Africa.

5) An overwrought with emotion John Belisle for the New England Region is comforted by teammate Jayden Struble after their emotional come from behind victory in the sixth inning against the Southeast in Game #12.

6) Clayton Broeder for the Southwest slaps a tag at home on the face of Mid-Atlantic third baseman, Jack Rice in Game #16. Rice suffered a bloodied lip on the play and came out of the game.

7) New England's, Jayden Struble with the stretch at first in Game #20.

8) Over 36,000 fans are in attendance to watch Mo'ne Davis pitch in Game #24 against the West.

9) Second baseman, Ruy Martinez for Mexico captured the hearts of fans with his pint size stature and big league charm.

10) Plus, the little guy can play! Martinez finished the series with a HR and a .462 batting average and proved that he can play ball with the big boys.

11) Mexico catcher, Juan Guarza with the tag at home in Game #25

12) For the first time in history, two inner city teams from Chicago and Philadelphia line up during the national anthem before the start of their contest in Game #26.

13) Taken from atop Lamade Stadium, Hae Chan Choi delivers a pitch in the Championship game against Great Lakes.

14) The World Champions of Little League take Seoul possession of the mound to celebrate their victory.

15) Asia-Pacific continues their world champion celebration with the traditional launching of the coaching staff into air.

16) Mo'Netrick... Despite the team from Philadelphia getting eliminated before the final rounds of play, the 2014 Little League World Series will be forever remembered as the year Mo'ne Davis pitched for the team from Philly and into the hearts of millions of fans. Delivering a 70 MPH fastball, Davis drew record crowds from across the nation. Here, Davis "throws like a girl" in the first inning behind a packed Lamade stadium of over 36,000 fans.

Aug 28, 2014 at 08:39 PM
sivrajbm
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 2014 Little League World Series

Good Stuff Paul, always like a frozen ball and/or BOB...

Aug 28, 2014 at 08:50 PM
Aqualung
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 2014 Little League World Series

Been waiting for these...great one of Davis...

Chris

Aug 28, 2014 at 09:13 PM
shaneroper
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 2014 Little League World Series

WOW..When I need inspiration I just pull up your baseball shots! MONEY!

Aug 28, 2014 at 09:18 PM
klb1122

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 2014 Little League World Series

I sit here in awe....

Aug 28, 2014 at 09:42 PM
Kenneth Farver
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 2014 Little League World Series

Fantastic Shots! Thanks for sharing!

Aug 28, 2014 at 09:50 PM
tntcorp
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 2014 Little League World Series

yes - this pj approach w/out the action shots is boring NOT... :-)

that last shot of the baseball within the bokeh is great with the caption. trap focus??

thank you for sharing.

quote [Focus took on more of a photojournalistic approach with less emphasis on action in this set compared to the norm.]

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:43 PM
lhryshko
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 2014 Little League World Series

Outstanding coverage Paul! No wonder they keep inviting you back.

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:41 AM
gschlact
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 2014 Little League World Series

Paul- thanks as always for sharing.

Guy

Aug 29, 2014 at 01:00 AM
juicesqueezer

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 2014 Little League World Series

Paul; what lens were you using? These are some great shots!

Aug 29, 2014 at 01:16 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 2014 Little League World Series

I wait all year for this, and I have yet to be disappointed when it arrives.

Matt

Aug 29, 2014 at 03:05 AM
BillP57
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 2014 Little League World Series

Paul, you always post some of the best shots of the year and this set is no exception. Thanks for showing what is possible with practice, preparation and hard work.

Bill

Aug 29, 2014 at 03:55 AM
Trevorma
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · 2014 Little League World Series

I watched a few of the games (the ones we got here in the Great White North) and was looking around for Paul in the backgrounds.

Great set of images Paul.....

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:20 PM
Hockey_Nut
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · 2014 Little League World Series

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Love the overhead angle and the Mo'netrick.

As usual, you make it all seem so easy.

Brent

Aug 31, 2014 at 04:10 AM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · 2014 Little League World Series

Paul...I've been following your Little League coverage on FB from Bristol to Billport and you haven't let up on the gas. Great stuff as always with a very nice variety of shooting locations, action, non action behind the scenes etc. And they are ALL top shelf.

And I like them all but my favorite and the one I keep going back to is #5. That's a special shot.

Your work is always a great read and enjoy it a lot....but I'm looking forward to your story on SportShooter. When will that be out?

Take Care Bud....
Frank

Aug 31, 2014 at 03:24 PM
schlotz
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · 2014 Little League World Series

Paul, I always look forward to this time of year and your work at the LLWS. As usual, this year did not disappoint. Many wonderful captures but the best (difficult to pick one) for me is #5 different but for me captures the true essence of what LL is all about. Well done

Matt

Aug 31, 2014 at 03:43 PM
dj dunzie
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · 2014 Little League World Series

Is it wrong to have a man crush on Paul?

Look, we all know you know how to get shots technically. We've been impressed by your timing with BOB's and Detricks and the lobster cam plays at the plate, not to mention the hang time and peak action like in this set. But Paul you have an ability to capture the emotion and tell a story too. Love the framing with the shadows, love the incredible panoramics at night, and the artistic ability to have so many very unique and cool angles throughout the set.

You're getting pretty good at this.

Sep 01, 2014 at 01:59 AM
rddayton
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · 2014 Little League World Series

Paulie,

Imagine that DJ's avatar photo was my face....then read what he said in his post ^^^^.

It's always a pleasure to see your labor of love.

Rick

Sep 01, 2014 at 09:40 AM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · 2014 Little League World Series

Thanks for FMers new and old commenting on this. Hope it's not getting old. I'm currently working on one more project from the LLWS that I hope to post early next week. Two years to plan, one hour to shoot, and over 12 hours and counting in post... Stay tuned...

Sep 02, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · 2014 Little League World Series

I can't wait to see it Paul. I'm pretty sure I know what it is.

Matt

Sep 04, 2014 at 05:31 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password