FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              5       6       end

Archive 2014 · Canon's big announcement about Photokina

howard
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon's big announcement about Photokina

I said "about", not "at"

If you don't have time to read it, let me summarize it for you: "blah, blah".

Ok, take it easy and have some fun ..

http://www.canon.co.uk/About_Us/Press_Centre/Press_Releases/Consumer_News/News/photokina_2014_with_Canon.aspx

Experience and share photokina 2014 with Canon

United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, 28th August 2014 – Canon today announces details of its presence at photokina 2014, unveiling its most interactive environment ever at the world’s largest photography and imaging show. Designed around helping photographers immerse themselves in the latest technologies, Canon’s programme at the show will offer visitors a digital imaging experience that highlights its industry leading range of products and services.

Canon’s stand at photokina 2014 will be dedicated to the journey of capturing a moment or memory. Within an open, free-roam environment, visitors will be invited to undertake shooting challenges, with experts on-hand to guide them along the way. The experiential event will go far beyond simple touch and try demonstrations, and instead provide the opportunity to truly experience the Canon range.

The stand will also feature live presentation sessions with Canon’s world famous photography ambassadors. Presenters will include landscape and travel photographer David Noton, photojournalist and documentary filmmaker Ulla Lohmann, and action shooter Richard Walch, with each providing first-hand accounts of how Canon products help them to realise their individual visions. Furthermore, Canon Explorer Jörg Kyas will be taking on interactive challenges set by visitors – providing a unique way for enthusiasts to learn about new styles or techniques.

In addition, Canon’s custom-designed platform for managing and sharing a world of images, irista, will be demonstrated, highlighting Canon’s dedication to furthering the capabilities of digital services. Visitors will also be able to browse Canon equipment and piece together their own ‘virtual kitbag’ using touchscreen tables placed around the stand.

“photokina 2014 for us is about immersing customers in a world of exciting imaging possibilities,” said Alessandro Stanzani, Head of Consumer Imaging, Canon Europe. “We’re creating an experiential environment that will challenge visitors to think much more deeply about their photography. Our photokina presence will demonstrate the very best in product and service innovation as we encourage photography explorers to truly engage with the Canon brand.”

To allow attendees the opportunity to retain their experience, Canon Live Pass RFID cards will be supplied to allow visitors to scan in at key points around the stand in order to create a souvenir site which is tailored to their interest areas, and to which they can refer after the show. Those not attending can keep up to speed via the official Canon Europe YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/CanonEurope, where videos will provide a summary of each day’s events. Alternatively, the action can be followed live on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/canonatphotokina or on Twitter at @CanonPhotokina / #CanonPhotokina. A virtual tour of the Canon experience and other Canon photokina content will be available on the dedicated photokina website www.canon.de/photokina.

Canon’s stand will be located in Hall 3.2.

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:57 AM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon's big announcement about Photokina

2015 might be the earliest with some more - hopefully - exciting Canon announcements. Photokina 2014 will accentuate other brands.

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon's big announcement about Photokina

I'm hoping they revisit ECF and issue a couple more pancake lenses! Everything else is almost perfect. But I'm sure everybody else wants 50MP, night vision CMOS, iTunes compatibility and GPS up the yingyang.

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:40 AM
roguecoolman
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon's big announcement about Photokina

I just want a sensor that will exceed or at least match the DR of the A7R/810 from Canon.

Jason

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon's big announcement about Photokina

Gochugogi wrote:
But I'm sure everybody else wants 50MP, night vision CMOS, iTunes compatibility and GPS up the yingyang.

Don't forget the direct printload to instabook.

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Schlotkins
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon's big announcement about Photokina

roguecoolman wrote:
I just want a sensor that will exceed or at least match the DR of the A7R/810 from Canon.

Jason

Let's not get greedy now... how about 'come close.'

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:50 AM
roguecoolman
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon's big announcement about Photokina

Schlotkins wrote:
Let's not get greedy now... how about 'come close.'

true true, tis the season to be not greedy. I'll settle for close!

Jason

Aug 28, 2014 at 01:07 PM
shutterbug guy
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon's big announcement about Photokina

I hope they introduce a new printer, lol.

Aug 28, 2014 at 01:16 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canon's big announcement about Photokina

roguecoolman wrote:

By "DR" are you referring to the "Dreaded Recall" - Nikon's gift to D810 owners?

Aug 28, 2014 at 01:51 PM
jimmy462
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canon's big announcement about Photokina

howard wrote:
“photokina 2014 for us is about immersing customers in a world of exciting imaging possibilities,”

...I coulda had a career painting rainbows...

Aug 28, 2014 at 07:57 PM
Glenn NK
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Canon's big announcement about Photokina

molson wrote:
By "DR" are you referring to the "Dreaded Recall" - Nikon's gift to D810 owners?

To say nothing about the D600.

But I could live with 30MP sensor with better dynamic range (better spell it out).

Edited on Aug 28, 2014 at 08:03 PM · View previous versions

Aug 28, 2014 at 08:01 PM
wordfool
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Canon's big announcement about Photokina

Canon’s stand at photokina 2014 will be dedicated to the journey of capturing a moment or memory.

Ohhhh, so that's what photography is about. Thanks Canon, that clears up my confusion

Aug 28, 2014 at 08:01 PM
roguecoolman
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Canon's big announcement about Photokina

molson wrote:

Lol I hope not! Dynamic Range and more of it!

Jason

Aug 28, 2014 at 08:05 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Canon's big announcement about Photokina

Canon who?

EBH

Aug 28, 2014 at 08:08 PM
Peter Le
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Canon's big announcement about Photokina

To translate what they are saying here is " Our sensor tech department still can't get it together on better DR and low ISO noise.....so our Marketing Guys are going to put their best spin on it and see if they can woo you into spending more of your hard earned money with Canon. Even though we provide still no real improvements "

Aug 28, 2014 at 09:14 PM
BluesWest
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Canon's big announcement about Photokina

To translate what they are saying here is " Our sensor tech department still can't get it together on better DR and low ISO noise.....so our Marketing Guys are going to put their best spin on it and see if they can woo you into spending more of your hard earned money with Canon. Even though we provide still no real improvements "

+1. What a bunch of marketing drivel that press release is! I hope it doesn't signal that they aren't going to announce anything new at Photokina, but when a company issues this kind of BS, I start to worry.

John

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:09 PM
galenapass
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Canon's big announcement about Photokina

BluesWest wrote:
+1. What a bunch of marketing drivel that press release is! I hope it doesn't signal that they aren't going to announce anything new at Photokina, but when a company issues this kind of BS, I start to worry.

John

+1

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:17 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Canon's big announcement about Photokina

They just keep regurgitating the same old non-sensical and boring clichés such as "immerse yourselves in the possibilities of creating your vision and moment's memories", etc.

Canon please stop screwing around in the woodpile, and give us some new tools we can get excited about such as EF 50 f/1.0 MkII or 400 DO MkII.

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Canon's big announcement about Photokina

PetKal wrote:
They just keep regurgitating the same old non-sensical and boring clichés such as "immerse yourselves in the possibilities of creating your vision and moment's memories", etc.

Canon please stop screwing around in the woodpile, and give us some new tools we can get excited about such as EF 50 f/1.0 MkII or 400 DO MkII.

PETKAL IS BACK !!!!!

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:34 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Canon's big announcement about Photokina

I hope Canon issues a new box design for the EF 50 1.2L so I can sell the old one as a collectable on Ebay.

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:46 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.