New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Deleting Files with Phoenix Slides: OS X 10.9

Paul Mo
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Deleting Files with Phoenix Slides: OS X 10.9

Hi. This week I installed Phoenix Slides from http://blyt.net/phxslides/ I am using it to quickly, but carefully, whittle down my LR catalog. So far it has been great. It is fast and does a simple job well. Why not just use LR? I am finding PS to be slightly faster, and it pulls the image up fullscreen - which is great for judging keepers.

But it is not perfect. I would love to see...

Single button delete.

The ability to rotate RAW files.

Single button Undo (undelete) command.

Apart from that it's great.

Cheers,
Paul.

Aug 28, 2014 at 02:39 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Deleting Files with Phoenix Slides: OS X 10.9

Paul , never seen that s/w before but yeah I'll ask why not just LR ?

the pulls the image up in Fullscreen can be done easily in LR . here's how i cull in LR

I set lr to only show UNRATED images and then hit 'F' . you now have just a full screen image and none of the LR interface .

i then just press 'x' for reject or 'p' for pick . I think Alan on here told me that using a Capital X OR P (just keep caps lock on) advances to the next image without the need to shown only unrated )
I may use an arrow to advance if im unsure but in general evrything is either rejected or picked . I'll then just show picks un unpick and then go thru those images being a lot more critical . if i want to zoom to 100% just hit the space bar .

all my rejects are then moved to a reject folder thats on a different non time machined drive (why back up the rejects) and the smart previews for these are deleted for me to go thru 1 last time at a later date to make sure i really want to reject and then they are deleted .

Aug 28, 2014 at 04:25 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Deleting Files with Phoenix Slides: OS X 10.9

Ian.Dobinson wrote:
Paul , never seen that s/w before but yeah I'll ask why not just LR ?

the pulls the image up in Fullscreen can be done easily in LR . here's how i cull in LR

Hi Ian, and yes I knew someone would pick up on the fullscreen point - I know about that in LR. And I normally X my images in LR and enjoy the feeling of mass deletes - housecleaning.

I think Phoenix Slides is a nice (another) option if you don't want to/can't use LR, or LR seems sluggish.

With some support it'd be nice to see some simple features added for fast image culls.

Spreading the info.

Thanks.

Aug 28, 2014 at 05:30 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Deleting Files with Phoenix Slides: OS X 10.9

i may have to give it a look . although some of my culling happens on a surface pro so LR makes sense to me

Aug 28, 2014 at 06:32 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.